My toot is being "published" on Tenika's blog. Cool.....it was a nice "hug" that I needed yesterday after dealing with stupid banks. Oh yeah I didn't tell you about that-just a minute and I will.
Tenika's Blog Post July 24th
Ok-banks....love/hate relationship with them on any given day but for about 24 hours I was completely disgusted and upset. We sold our car-for two reasons. One, we needed funds for Christmas for our kids. We knew that we just didn't have any idea where Christmas was coming from this year. We had traded Pat's gorgeous Fiero for this car to save us gas money. It's a Hyundai Elantra. Nice car...I liked it alot, but it was Pat's drive every day. And he wasn't too happy with it. That's the second reason we sold it. Now we made a nice profit on the car...we sold it for $4ooo to Pat's boss at work. The money was given to us via a BANK wire transfer. I checked the account around noon and saw that the money had posted. Pat had found a Isuzu (sp???) Rodeo that he likes for $2200. So he went to the bank and wrote a check to ourselves for cash as this is bank policy for withdrawing cash out of your account. The teller verified the wire transfer was there. Pat takes care of purchasing the truck via the cash. I change the insurance on the two vehicles, removing the Elantra and adding the Rodeo.
We spent the rest of the day just doing "stuff" but after dinner and putting the kids to bed, we took off to Wal-Mart (the kids are old enough to be left alone to watch the two little ones, per post policy). We weren't there long and picked up $5 worth of stuff. I tried to use my debit card. I couldn't. Pat tried his. He couldn't. I just paid for it with my credit card and walked out of the store. On the way out I called our bank who informs us that we are in the hole. WHAT??? I ask her how is that possible? She said well you wrote check #2775 for $2500 and that put you in the hole. And I said what? We had a $4000 wire transfer come in. She said she had no such thing. She got her supervisor who said the same thing but apparently I sounded distressed enough that she believed me and said that she would begin taking care of this and to call back in the morning at 8. I didn't sleep that night as you can well guess.
Long story short, the miraculously replaced the lost transfer manually in my account reversed the bank fees...and then told me that a FAX MACHINE had been broken. OK, I am not stupid.....you can't put money into an account and then say a fax machine broke and remove it. Sorry that's just a sorry excuse for a bank mistake. Glad they fixed it and now I have to watch my account for a few days to make sure they add back in all the fees. On that note, I haven't checked it today so I better go.
5 comments:
I despise banks. I can't even begin to tell you the problem we've had with three different banks this year. I swear if there was a different way, I'd do it!
I detest banks... same reason and many more...
Glad you got it all straight! Here's to a GREAT night's sleep!
Hugs - Lis
Cute LO Tara! I wish I had time to play...
Lovely LO, she's a cutie!
Loved the LO, and also the one on Tenika's blog (I love her blog, she choses such GREAT LOs!!!)
Oh, banks! Same here! The worse thing is, you really can't do much about them! Just last month I deposited my paycheck and the next day, no money. Call the bank and they tell me they withdrew the money because the check was not dated... long story short, it WAS DATED when it came back to me, they just didn't see the small print! Good thing I could get my check replaced immediately, otherwise the charges just kill you!
Post a Comment