I just read a friend of mine's blog. She's lost two very dear members of her family recently, her daughter and her grand-daughter. The pain evidenced in her "voice" breaks my heart. I, too, have lost a daughter..but I never got to meet her, to hold her, to know her. I can't imagine what my friend is experiencing...but I am familiar with her heart-wrenching grief. If you are reading this, my friend, KNOW that I am praying for you. You asked if it gets better...sadly it does. One year I "forgot" my little ones anniversary of her death...and I cried...I cried so hard...just as hard as I cried the day I found out she had gone to Heaven. Why? Because HOW could I as her mom, FORGET HER? How could I? Then I was able to realize...I forgot temporarily because I was healing. Healing from the toughest grief I had ever known. You WILL heal, my friend. I doubt that you will forget your gorgeous daughter like I did, but one day you WILL wake up and find it's not so painful.
For those of you reading this, please hug your children. They are PRECIOUS gifts of God. Yes, even when they are bickering for thousandth time that day with one another or arguing with you about something you need them to do. Hug them, love them, enjoy them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well put Tara, from a step-mommy (to-be) that recently lost her step-son! i only can imagine the pain of losing your own child!
I hope to never know the feeling. I can only imagine how terrible it must be to lose a child.
Tara, my heart is always with you and all mothers/fathers that lose a child!
Just know God is up there with millions of children surrounding him!
How incredibly sad! My thoughts and prayers are with your friend, and with you!
I just hugged my kids and I wish I could give you (and Teresa) a big hug too! You are an amazing woman Mrs. O'Rourke!
Tara,
Thank you for your kind words. I often read your blog and I think you are an amazing woman.
Post a Comment