Friday, October 31, 2008

Some pictures to share and a comment about Halloween...

We all want our children to have a good time with lots of fun activities and I am no different. However, I don't like Halloween. I never have cared for it. Therefore I would rather not celebrate it. However, my wonderful husband doesn't feel the same as I do about the holiday and has always insisted that our kids get to do SOMETHING at the church we currently attend OR they go trick or treating (he takes them). Many times our churches has offered something in lieu of the regular activities associated with this holiday. When we didn't attend a church that offered these Halelujah Fests, I was required to allow the kids to go Trick Or Treating. This year, God is working on my dh's heart AND he told me a couple of weeks ago that we didn't need to go out this year at all. WHO HOOOOOO!!! So I have avoided taking the little kids out in public, keeping them away from the scary (and GROSS) display at our commissary.
So what did we do today? We went to a birthday party hosted by a young mom from my church...it was her little guy's first birthday. She asked that the kids come in costume. So that's what we did. Courtney chose a hippy costume at a thrift shop, Seth wore a costume that belonged to TYLER!!, and Emily wore last year's Raggedy Ann.























After the party, which was over around 5, we had pizza for dinner. The little ones watched a couple of movies (It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown...dh loves this cartoon). They got to eat carrot cake cupcakes...Seth and Emily ate the candy corn off the top and gave up the cupcake itself. ME? I gave up the candy corn...I hate that stuff. When the cartoons were over, we put the youngest two to bed and we watched Paycheck with the older three. What a nice family time!!!

And here's a new picture of the kitty...who has lost all of his fuzzy kitten look (still striped though):



10 comments:

weavermom said...

Love the costumes! AND your new look!

Nik said...

Emily still makes a gorgeous Raggedy Anne!!! The hippy outfit is awesome as well!!!

Missus Wookie said...

Cute costumes and kitten. Glad you had a fun evening :)

Jen said...

Terrific costumes!!!!! Adorable kids!!! :)

Jodi said...

Love their costumes!

Jodi said...

Love their costumes!

Meghan said...

Tara!
There is noway that is Courtney, Seth & Emily.
No Way!
They are so big now.
I can't believe it.....WoW!

Such cuties.

Aleta said...

love the costumes - and I love your new look - great job!

Auntie Em said...

Oh that girl is getting too pretty! You'll be chasing away the boys soon.

Brandi said...

The kids looked great!

By the way, I contacted AOP about team gesink leaving a post on my blog and the person who responded said that she knew nothing of such practices or a team that would do that. I had googled "team gesink" before I contacted AOP, and that user name has been leaving the same comment on a lot of homeschool blogs.