Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Emily decided she needed a new hairstyle!

EGADS! She got into the scissors. She knows better. I have no less than 15 pairs of scissors around my house at any given time. I have never been a fan of putting things out of a child's reach so they don't get hurt but rather teaching them how to handle things AND not to handle things. I even have my kitchen knives within reach of my children AND always have. So...no these scissors won't be put out of her reach. I won't hide them. She touches them again...she will be in trouble...ROTFLOL. PS...she's never mishandled scissors before. EVER.



So...this picture is right after I caught her. The minute I saw her and she saw ME come into the bathroom...this is the reaction she had. SHE KNEW BETTER. ;-)



Here's a close up shot of the shorter side. I had originally thought it was the longer side but nope, it's the shortest.



I was fairly distraught last night about this. In fact, you might say I was flipping out (not in front of the baby, who got put to bed just after this because that is what we were doing to begin with...it was almost 8:30 p.m. and we were picking books to read to them...or that's what was SUPPOSED to be happening!!!!). Anyway, I rounded out her hair into a cute "bob" and then tucked her in for the night after rocking her for ten minutes or so to calm her down. Man, I love that little one. She's more precious to me than gold (as are ALL of our children). This afternoon, I trimmed a little more to make it even and took some photos...she's beautiful and this does look adorable on her. (I cannot WAIT for it to grow out however) So it's not as bad as it could have been...no scissors to the scalp, no chopped bangs all funkified. The good thing...she got her hair "trimmed" which was needed. The bad....it's a little uneven on the sides, but if I even it up, it won't look right...so we will trim a little in 4-6 weeks and keep doing that until it is even all the way around. OK..I will shut up...LOL




12 comments:

weavermom said...

I kinda like the little bob! :)

Scrappytbear said...

OMG Horrors! But it did turn out to be an adorable haircut for her; fate? Did she want a new hairdo and didnt know how to tell mom? hahahah Good for you for being in control (I might have flipped) and making the most of the trim with an awesome hairdo!

Lissa Ballard said...

Oh my gosh... I think all kinds her age have done this! Each of my boys has cut their own hair, and in the case of my oldest, he actually cut his brothers hair too!

I think she looks adorable and a little more grown up maybe! Funny how, when they know they've done soemthing they shouldn't have they immediately burst into tears! LOL

Hugs!
Lis

Anonymous said...

Not that I'm condoning this behavior....hehe...but it is CUTE on her Tara!

Corinna
www.myscrapbooklife.com

Felicia McB said...

I was picturing something much worse. the bob you gave her looks really cute.

Jodi said...

Ahh man.... She is too cute anyways!

d.o.wife said...

I love it! It's adorable! Too bad it had to come about this way, but oh well. It happens, right? :O)

ladynurse4 said...

Well, from the pics you did a good job of calming her down. She looks adorable and happy at the end.

BunnyKissd said...

Adorable!

I never cut my own hair, but there was the time my *MOM* cut my hair and my friend had to fix it in school the next day... >.< LOL!

Meghan said...

She is so freakin cute tho!!!!
I actually think her hair do is a definite "do" :>)

Jen said...

oh gracious - that reaction is hysterical!!! yep, she knows she's done it! the bob looks really cute though!!

Nina said...

Bo just did that! She wacked off her bangs and now the DD doesn't want to have pictures done!