Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Emily's Birthday

We had an interesting "party" for Emily this year...it DRAAAAAGGGGGGGGGEEEEEDDD out over several days...because of well, STUFF.

Emily's birthday is December 31st. No I did NOT have a tax deduction on purpose...she was three weeks early. No I could NOT have waited a few more hours to have her so she would be born on the 1st....it just does NOT work that way. BUT I DIGRESS (I have gotten asked these things in the past few days so thought I would cover my bases...EYE ROLL).


We were not ready on the 31st for her birthday. I should have been but I wasn't. No big deal. On Friday, I set out to make a cake. We were planning making a Barbie Doll cake. Courtney got one on her 4th birthday and so I thought it would be cute to do the same for Emily. UMMM...yeah...I didn't follow directions and the first cake didn't turn out so well. The first time it was pulled out of the oven, it appeared done as the cake thingy came out clean. But when Pat dumped the cake out of the Batter Bowl (I love Pampered Chef), the cake came out all right...in RUNS. So back into the oven it went. We let it cook a little longer. It was pulled out just before we went to the Kid's Zone in Kaiserslautern for some fun and pizza.

When we returned home, we went to frost said cake. AHEM. It was hard as a rock on the outside AND still runny on the inside. Into the trash it went and I started all over. The second time I paid a little closer attention to the directions! LOL. I had to ask Miss Emi-loo-poo if it was okay that we had cake and presents for breakfast Saturday! LOL. She was okay with this....good thing, because I don't know what I would have done had she gotten upset!

Enjoy some pictures!

This first one was taken at the Kid's Zone. We let Emily open a gift there.



These next few were taken the next afternoon.



I love how Pat put the icing on...it really looks like the dress is swirling around the doll!



Emily looks thrilled with the cake but let me tell you what the little Stink said....EWWWWW ick...she's in the CAKE. GROSS. Sigh....





3 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Absolutely adorable that little girl!!!

Jodi said...

LOve the cake! i too love how it looks like her dress is swirling around her. Had to laugh at Emily's eww.. coment.

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday Emily!

My baby, Little Bear, turned four Dec. 9th. I didn't realize our babies were the same age.