Monday, January 05, 2009

Made With Love

Did you ever get a gift that spans all that you ever known of friendship? Well I have. I have a special friend, whom I have known online for quite some time and met in person when I was pregnant with Emily. At the time, we both lived in Germany...me in Stuttgart and her in Mannheim.

I need to back up...because there is a funny story about my friendship with Ry. I became a member of ScrapGoods back in 2003. I can't remember the date she joined, but this is how we met. WELL....there's more to it than that. If you are a member of any type of message board you know that you can customize your profile to say where you live. I had my location as Germany. One day I got this PM (private message) from this Isaylasmom person. I was wary of new people on the board and was a little bit freaked out...OK...I was a WHOLE LOT freaked out by this crazy person pming me wanting to know where I lived, etc. EGADS. I had a stalker on my hands....YIKES.

ROTFLOL....little did I know that my "stalker friend" ( as I affectionately call her from time to time), would become my best friend.

Anyway, Ryann made Emily this beautiful crib sized blanket as a baby "shower" gift and gave it to me. It's beautiful. I scrapped this gift last night.

ENJOY....love ya Ryann. This LO will be heading to my 2005 Family albums in just a sec...gotta pull it out of the scanner. Which brings me to the fact that my scanner sometimes scans so CROOOKED. aargh

5 comments:

Ryann said...

You made this Stalker Lady cry. I love you. Thanks for making such a beautiful LO to show off one of my first ever quilts. Hugs!

Missus Wookie said...

Well she IS a rather scary stalker after all :) BUT an amazingly talented one - love that quilt and astonished by her work.

I like the border around the edges of the paper.

Jen said...

Beautiful layout and friendship! :)

Kylie said...

I get the impression you aren't such a bad friend yourself!!!

Jodi said...

Love the page. But I really love the story with the quilt. The quilt is pretty in itself. But the story is a really special one.