Sunday, August 02, 2009

Piazza dei Miracoli

Our final full day in Pisa, we chose to spend the morning looking around Pisa itself.  Off to the Piazza dei Miracoli we went.  Of course, what is the one thing that most tourists think of when the subject of visiting Pisa comes up?  The Torre of course!
Image279
Emily being Emily decided to take off and pose in front of the tower all by herself….yikes!!!  Can you see her????? 
Image269
We took a few pictures before heading off to buy tickets to climb the tower and do the other things in Miracle’s Square.  Image281
Image282
Ever want to crop someone OUT of a picture?  LOL.  It was SO crowded there. 
And nothing like vacation pictures to make you go on a crash diet.  Eye roll…(I lost 4lbs during this week we were in Italy)
Image284
I had the wrong lens with me so Garret was unable to get all of us and all of the tower from where he was standing. 
After buying our tickets, we visited the Cathedral first. We weren’t able to  climb the tower until later. 
Isn’t this tiled ceiling beautiful?
Image285
Oh wow….Is this not  gorgeous?  These pictures don’t begin to do it justice!
Image286
Image288
Image289
Image290
Image291
Image293
Image294
A close up of the above picture.
Image295
To the left of the above~
Image296
Image297
As you can see there’s some serious eye candy in this cathedral….Loved taking pictures.  I wish that I had time to take a class so I can really learn my camera’s settings.
Image302
Image304
Image305
Image306 
Image307
Image308
Image309
Image311
Image312
Image320
Image325
Image328
Image329
Image332
We didn’t visit the Baptistery.  We only bought tickets for 5 of the 6 things available to visit at the Piazza dei Miracoli:  The Tower, The Cathedral, Monumental Cemetary, and 2 museums.  Here’s a photo of the Batistery.
Image333
Image272
Image273
Next post will be the Monumental Cemetery. 

No comments: