Sunday, August 02, 2009

Piazza dei Miracoli-Monumental Cemetery

I am probably boring you with these pictures of old buildings and the like…LOL.  Here’s a picture of Emily waiting to go into the next place….the Monumental Cemetery
Image334
The Monumental Cemetery was really interesting.  Seth enjoyed looking in there (as  you will see from the pictures).  The reliefs were not available to be viewed due to renovation. :(
Image340
Image341
Image342
Image344
As you walked through this open air building, you were actually walking on the monuments of those buried there.  Courtney was a little creeped out. 
Image345
Image346
Image347
Image348
This guy is renovating this crypt.
Image349
Image350
Image351
Image352
Image356
Image360
Image361
Image362
Image363
Image365
Image366
Image367
Image369
Image391
Here are a couple of pictures of some reliefs that we WERE able to view.
Image357
Image358
The beautiful courtyard!
Image373
Image354
Image374
Image381
There’s more but I’ll stop here.  Next post will be  more Pisa stuff.  Some museum pix and then some pix from the top of the tower.  THEN I will share a couple pix of our visit to the American Beach, near Camp Darby (I shudder every time I type that name…I hope we NEVER get stationed there).

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh wow! TFS!!! Those pictures are awesome!