Cold, hard reality has hit. I am not nearly ready for schooling to start. I have time to get there and I have no doubt that I will get there. It’s the GETTING THERE that has me a bit worried. And the other thing…how can I do all of it…alone? I’m not even sure that I am cut out for this rather large task. So that brings me to this:
Philippians 4:13 “I can do ALL things which strengthen me.”
Really Lord? ALL of it? Alone. Help me I am scared. I am unsure. Yes Lord, I’ll do my part. Yes Lord, I’ll pray. Yes Lord, I’ll come to You. Yes Lord, I can do all things…but not without YOU. I can’t do this alone..I don’t even want to try. I need You. More than ever. This is the MOST IMPORTANT job in the world. Not only the responsibility of their education but also their hearts.
I have a big amount of things planned for the year.
We are doing Sonlight’s Bible/Apologetics course from their Core 300 for the older boys this year. I purchased the books from Amazon however…LOL. Free shipping and it was cheaper. With titles such as “How To Ruin Your Life By 40” and “Know What You Believe” how could you go wrong? LOL.
Both boys (older) are going to be doing these things as well:
Easy Grammar
Write Source/Writer’s Inc
Apologia’s Biology with Labs
Algebra 1
Learning to Love Literature by Weaver (AOP)
History of some sort…with two weeks to go, I haven’t decided if I’ll continue to allow them to sit with our Weaver unit studies-easier for me as far as planning and teaching OR doing a text book-easier for the transcript.
Anyone see why I am a little nervous this school year yet? That’s just the two older ones.
Courtney will be doing a 7th grade Literature class from ABeka, Easy Grammar, spellling, Saxon Math 65 and will finish it and move on to the next level, etc….she will be sitting with us on our Weaver unit studies.
Seth didn’t quite get learning to read last year. So we will pick in phonics where we left off. He will be doing Saxon Math 1, Spelling, I think I bought Easy Grammar for him. Plus our Weaver Unit studies. Oh yeah…there’s Explode the Code 1.
OK….I think I need to go, ahem, PRAY HARDER.
Enjoy the picture. No worries to those of you having a heart attack that I am allowing my 4 year old to ride her scooter in the middle of the road. It’s closed off to traffic, privately owned by the US Army for setting up deployments and training. She’s perfectly safe. PROMISE.
7 comments:
If anyone can do it - you can! You're an incredibly strong woman! And remember He's always with you. Hugs!!!
As high school looms in the too soon future, I get nervous too. Roger is in 8th grade this year and I am thankful I have another year to plan for high school. But I do get nervous about it. I find I need to be more trusting of God that He will supply all my needs and that homeschooling was HIS choice for our family and I happily accepted the call.
Yes it is the most important job in the world, and God chose you. Only you can do it-but you are never alone. It is a big job for sure. Praying for you.
yikes tara - that does sound like a lot! I guess it always does when you list it all that way! :)
Best of luck - let us know how it goes! :)
Ugh - and I thought 2 kids was bad - I'm not looking forward to all 4 at once!! BTW, I'm making Ruby start K as she only misses the 'cutoff' by 13 days and she's already learning to read!
I can relate with 2 now in middle school I was a little more hesitant going in this year! Good Luck may you have a blessed school year! :D Heather
I think it always sounds worse when you list it all out. It won't be easy, but you'll find your way through it. Hope you have a great homeschooling year.
Post a Comment