Friday, July 09, 2010

Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland

Today is our last day in Germany.  We are sad to be going.  We met many people here whom we love and will miss dearly.  Most we will never see again.  I will miss my church family from Trinity Baptist Church.  These people showed the love of Christ to our family during our struggles this past two years.  I can’t imagine how we would have made it (and stayed sane) without them.  Our landlord and her family have made living here a blessing…helping us with language barrier issues and cultural issues.  Oma treated my children like her own grandchildren, including feeding them sugar and offering presents.  I doubt they’ll ever forget her. 

home

The above picture shows Champion Village, which formerly belonged to the US Military.  It was sold back to the Nationals recently (not sure how long ago) and is now being rented out to military members as well as civilians.  I labeled the building where we lived for the past two years…sorry you can only see the roof.

We were happy here.  We enjoyed our time…although it was filled with stress and uncertainty.  We learned LOTS about ourselves during this time, but mostly we learned lots about the love of Christ.  I know that one of our children will never be the same from this journey.  We pray that it will make him a stronger and more whole person. 

Today I went walking downtown to take some pictures of the town where we have lived. 

DSC_1742

I love this building.  Love the color scheme.  LOL

DSC_1746

This is our favorite Doner Kebab shop.  YUMMY

DSC_1748

This is the lady who would make our kebabs.  Emily is shy and didn’t want to stand too close to her…LOL.

DSC_1750

DSC_1751

DSC_1758

A kind soul took our photo in the town square.

DSC_1761

ATM machine we used off base….

DSC_1762

The next set of photos are a walking tour to our fave restaurant in town.

DSC_1763

DSC_1765

DSC_1771

I drool just thinking about the Cordon Bleu or the Schnitzel with Championsauce.  YUUUUMMMMMMMM

DSC_1769

Bye Germany…we will MISS you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...what great memories. Have a safe journey home to the USA. :) ((hugs))

ladynurse4 said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of where you live. I know you will miss it a lot. Praying for smooth and safe journey.

ThinkFeminist said...

Awwwww....I'm sure you will miss Germany. It seems really nice and friendly.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I know your final day was bittersweet. May you have a safe journey. Praying...

Tricia said...

Great pictures! I know you had some challenges, but you are amazing to also see the positives.

Anonymous said...

aww...so bittersweet, starting a new chapter of life! These photos are sooo cool, I am jealous you got to experience life in germany!