Sunday, April 05, 2020

Layout #1 with April CKCB Kit!

I really love the spring colors in this month's kit!  I am also glad that I am way behind with scrapbooking because it's still quite cool in the North Country.  That, and there's this thing call Social Distancing and COVID-19 that is keeping us all inside!!  I pulled out my February 2012 family album that I put together so I can scrap those photos and found a beautiful photo of my oldest daughter, Courtney!  






I really love that piece of polka dot paper.  I think it's by My Mind's Eye but not sure because there's no markings on it anywhere.  It is just pretty though.  I paired it with the Teresa Collins stripe from my kit.  I cut the doily and flowers from cardstock.  The title was cut from black cardstock using a new set of Lawn Fawn alpha dies.  I wanted to cut them from chipboard but they didn't cut all the way through so I just ended up using cardstock.  

Those flowers turned out way better than I expected.  I misted the cardstock with Prima's Color In Bloom Soft Teal spray mist.  It gave it a slight shine that you can't see in the photo.  It's there though!  Promise!!  I used a pretty label from my kit with a stamped sentiment.  The label was one of my forgeries for this kit.  




The cut file for that flower can be found on Silhouette's store front.  It's by Lori Whitlock and is Design ID#195517 if you want to download it for your own use!

Sometimes, I just enjoy being creative and playing.  I added some hand stitching on this layout with an embroidery floss.  It's DMC #3824.  It matches the peachy color in this kit very well!




That photo also give you a close up of my die cut title.  Aren't those letters cute??




The doily cut file is super cute too.  I am so glad I upgraded my Cameo last fall because the old one would NOT have cut this intricate file, not even with a new blade.  

Well, that's enough of my rambling for today!  I hope you all are doing well, staying home and using common sense with social distancing when you do have to go out for groceries!  Have a GREAT week!!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Beautifully done layout.