Friday, June 05, 2020

Barely Creative!

It's June and this is our last week of school.  Normally by now, I am itching to scrapbook all the things.  But my creative juices have been zapped.  I am hoping this lull disappears rather quickly!  I really want to scrapbook.  I do have three layouts to share with you that I have worked on over the last three days.  The first layout was a challenge to myself to use the new kit club I joined back in March.  I also wanted to challenge myself to use one of the tassels I received in one of those kits.  I wouldn't buy tassels for a scrapbook page of my own volition!  This particular layout features stuff from March or April Hip Kit Club.  I dumped the two kits together into one ziploc baggie so I am not sure which month, or if it's a bit of both were used for this layout!  Ha!  





I also chose a hard piece of patterned paper from the kit.  It's a wonky rainbow and it was huge.  I cut it down and then dragged out my sewing machine to do some stitching on the layout.  I layered a few stickers from the kit.  That tassel takes a prominent place in that upper left hand corner of my layout.  I have cute kids, huh??

Next is a two page layout.  I stared at this layout for hours on Tuesday evening.  I just wasn't into it.  I finally pushed through and came up with something that I like when I finished it yesterday!!




I had been hoarding that lavender Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper I used in the center of the two pager!  I really loved that piece of paper, but it needed to be in an album.  The other two pieces of patterned paper were just some thin patterned paper I picked up at either Hobby Lobby or Michael's when we lived in Virginia last year. 

Finally, we have another two page layout featuring photos from the same day as the above layout.  I pulled out some Authentique sea themed paper for a layout with these photos of us touring a sailboat in Savannah for Mother's Day 2012.  




So, that's what I have to share for today!  I hope this beautiful Friday finds you well and blessed!  Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments: