Thursday, June 04, 2020

Forgeries On The Fourth- June 2020


Today is the day that the Counterfeit Kit Club blog brings you the forgeries that the Guest Designer and/or the Master Forgers have created with their own stash!  My forgery this month came from these cute little embellishments by Crate Paper.





Are they adorable????  I was able to create one with a few supplies that I purchased from Amazon!  I don't keep yarn or rope in my stash so I did buy the supplies to make mine.  I used a 1/2" cotton rope.  I would have preferred to use cotton yarn as well but ended up buying a pack of acrylic yarn due to COVID-19 and stores being closed at the time I was working on this. 

I started out by cutting three pieces of rope in three different lengths.  I wrapped scotch tape around the end and then using thread tied off just above the tape on each end. 




Once I did that step, I then wrapped yard around my rope pieces and secured the ends with glue.






Once I had covered all three pieces of rope with my chosen colors of yarn, I used my hot glue gun to adhere them together.  By the way, I found that the black electrical tape was little too sticky so switched to the scotch tape. 






As soon as the hot glue had cooled, I removed the tape on the ends and then frayed them.  I think the finished project is super cute!  It was not very hard either!!




I have only made one at this time but have more rope and yarn to do more!  I was thinking about making another one for an altered book project.  ;)  Thank you for checking in with me today!!  


4 comments:

Cathy Galloway said...

These are super cute! Thanks for sharing:)

cinmfoster said...

Tara these are just adorable, can't wait to see them on your project
Cindy F

Becca Sadler said...

Tara: this is wonderful that you conquered making your own textile rainbows!!! Super!! Thanks for including your sequenced snapshots, too!

Ann Marie said...

Cute! Love counterfeiting embellies. :)