Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Mixed Media and Cut Files


I really enjoy playing with mixed media in my scrapbooking.  Today, I am sharing a couple of layouts using my June 2020 CKCB kit!  First, is a layout of my oldest daughter featuring a photo I took in August 2012.  She wouldn't look at the camera so I took the photo anyway and ended up with a cute photo!  Jokes on her-LOL!!!


I created the background using a Vicki Boutin stencil and some fiber paste I purchased quite awhile ago at Michael's or AC Moore's.  After allowing the fiber paste to dry, I added some color using watercolors.  My watercolors are the cheap ones you can get at Walmart.  Then, I pulled out my Prima Metallic watercolors and used the copper to flick some dots onto the background as well. 


I fussy cut some of the flowers from the yellow patterned paper that you can see layered underneath my photo.  I also cut a strip of that yellow paper and then turned it over to use the black gingham side as an anchor for my photo.  After that, I layered some of the flowers that I had fussy cut along with a piece of chipboard that I painted black and some of the ephemera from my kit. 




I finished the layout off with a title from the alphas from my kit and a journaling stamp that I keep on my desktop.  I love how this turned out and am so glad that I chose to play with my stash!! 

Next up is a layout that I used a couple of cut files from my Silhouette Studio Design Store.


I ended up using two of my patterned papers from my June CKCB kit.  This finished off my patterned paper from my kit!  YAY me!  I had cut a third cut file from the same blue Heidi Swapp Art Walk paper.  I created another title for another page.  This page has embellishments from my June kit but the rest of the patterned paper is my stash. 


Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a great Tuesday!



1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

These all look so great tara. I like the cut file on your last 2 pages and the texture on the first