Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Card!

I have had a love-hate relationship with card making for so many years.  I discovered that stamping isn't my jam and so I tend to use scraps with bits and bobs to make a card.  I have found that I love creating cards like this although I still prefer scrapbooking!  Ha!  I created a card for the BGM Design Team this month using product that they supplied me.  


I used some scraps on my desk from a couple of layouts, ric-rac, a Tim Holtz chipboard phrase, and BGM 28 Lilac Lane mix (LL506-Peacock Feathers).  I think this Lilac Lane mix is one of my absolute favorites.  I love the colors and the little sequins and buttons are just so cute.  


To create that woodgrain heart, I first cut out a heart with my Cameo from a scrap of patterned paper that had made itself a home on my work space.  Then, I outlined it with Diamond Glaze and the sprinkled some of the Lilac Lane mix onto the heart. Finally, I filled in the rest of the heart with Diamond Glaze.  I allowed this to dry overnight on a non-stick mat while I worked on other projects.  Once it was fully dry, I added it to my card front and added the sentiment.  


I hope you are having a great week!  Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Leave me some love and say hello!!

No comments: