Sunday, November 01, 2020

November 2020 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop!!!

Hi!  Welcome to my corner of the blogging world!  It's November 1st and that means that CKCB has a new inspiration kit for us to counterfeit!  I am in love with this month's choice from Master Forger Lisa!!  It's a good thing too because I am actually a subscriber to Hip Kit Club!  Without further ado, here's this month's Inspiration Kit, the October 2020 Hip Kit Club!!!  Hip Kit Club has several options to choose from and I'll share only a few:

Main Kit:


Project Life Kit:


Embellishment Kit:


They also have a Color Kit and a Cardstock Kit that you can view on their site.  It's absolutely to die for!  I loved all of it and had to hold myself back at their reveal to keep from purchasing every single option! Now before you think that I cheated and just used the real kit since I subscribe, you are incorrect!  I put my kit together and photographed it before my subscription shipped.  Let's see what my yellow box holds this month!!  Hey Leslie!  My box actually closes this month-LOL!! 


My patterned papers:

Left Side:

  • My Mind's Eye Market Street -Ashbury Heights-
  • Basic Grey Typeset-Foundry
  • Basic Grey Typeset-Keys
  • Simple Stories Pumpkin Spice-Fall Delight
  • Crate Paper Wonder -Happy Hello B Side
  • Pink Paislee Again & Again Paper Pad Cup-Apart sheet

Right Side:

  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Heritage-Elsie B Side
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Fresh Bouquet-Wild Rose B Side
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Fresh Bouquet-Blooming
  • Crate Paper Confetti-Happy Day, B Side
  • Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Fresh Bouquet-Charmed

I am surprised at how many sheets of Crate Paper patterned paper ended up in my kit.  I truly meant to really use Simple Stories papers like the Inspiration Kit but these papers worked better in the end than what I had in my Simple Stories file!  You can see that I tried to keep with the floral and woodland animal themes but left out other themes.  I also went with the colors on some of the papers but used a different pattern instead (swapped out one of the dots for a different pattern, the yellow pattern instead of yellow gingham, etc.).

Here's my embellishments:



That cute scarecrow was something I made as a novice scrapbooker probably 15 years ago.  It was homed in a Crop In Style binder for years but when I took all of the embellishments out of it, he ended up in a bin of embellishments that I dig through.  He matched the fall theme with my kit and I hope I get him onto a page this month!!  I also tried not to go overboard with embellishments but still managed to stuff it full enough to keep my options open for my layouts!

And alphas:



You can see that gave myself several options for alphas which include some from previous kits.  I also put back that bin of bare chipboard alphas I was using in September's kit to see if I could use them up this month!  We'll see how that goes!  

Don't forget to check out the Guest Designer for this month and the other Master Forger's blogs or Instagram accounts.  Here's the Blog Hop:

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com

 Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a blessed Sunday!!

 

5 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Design a page around that scarecrow! He's so cute. Your papers are beautiful and the embellishments also. Great kit Tara!

cinmfoster said...

Beaotiful kit. What a find with your scarecrow and getting him on s page
Cindy F

Tina Campbell said...

Oh my that scarecrow is tooo cute! Loveing your kit this month and I like that you have your bin of bare chipboard in your kit that is a great idea :) Think I need to add mine to a bin and have it on my desk so I use it up!

LCSmithSAVED said...

That. Scarecrow. Too cute! Looks like a smallish kit for you, but I know how prolific you are :D

Lisa said...

How fun is your kit! The papers are lovely and Crate Paper florals was a great idea. I really must get myself some more Crate. I love the embellies and that scarecrow is so funny! I spied the same plain alphas as I have somewhere in the depths of my stash ( I think) BG from way back?