Today, I bring our first challenge from CKCB for our January kits! I am always super excited to do the challenge that I am assigned for the month!! Lisa has challenged us with this prompt:
One of the papers features a pocket page card with a list of fun winter activities and at January, some of us make lists for the new year with resolutions, goals or just plans for the year. So, let's let listing and feature some sort of list on your page!
I had a photo that I was getting to scrapbook of my youngest daughter's Christmas list from 2012. I don't normally scrapbook photos of our kids' Christmas lists because I already have so many photos to scrapbook with 5 kids! However, this list has a story that lets you peek into the lives of this military family a little more than you normally would. Emily wished for her daddy to come home for Christmas that year. He was gone for a one year tour in Korea. Emily was struggling with daddy not being home and so she wished for him to come for Christmas! Luckily for her, that was in the cards that year as daddy already had plans to come home. The kids weren't informed because the military can change your plans and so we didn't want their hopes up!
This is my 3rd layout using my kit! I added some decorative stitching to the bottom of my layout. Since the story was a little longer than normal, I also opted to type out my journaling. I am so glad to have this memory included in our family albums for 2012. Do you have stories like this that you haven't scrapbooked yet? I hope that this inspires you to get those stories told! Have a great day!
1 comment:
Just now coming in for a close look 💕 So sweet how she’s snuggled in with Daddy, and hilarious list!!! Peppers with ranch every day? You’ve raised her right 😄
Post a Comment