Valentine's Day yet? I mean, an excuse to eat chocolate and watch sappy movies, RIGHT? I created my husband's Valentine's Day card early this year. I normally am staying up the night before trying to make a cute card at the last minute, but this year, I am on top of it. Unless, I lose it...yikes! LOL!
First off, I created a rectangle shape in Silhouette Studio and then centered it on my cutting mat so that it would cut a card with a framed front opening. I was super proud of how I managed to do that without making too many mistakes and wasting cardstock! Next, I pierced holes into the frame and hand-stitched with some DMC embroidery floss that matched the patterned paper I had chosen for this card.
I stamped some images from an old set of Close To My Heart Stamps that I bought and have never used. They are This Moment (S1501). I stamped the target in red onto white cardstock and then die cut it and mounted it on a die cut piece of foam. I stamped the sentiment onto black cardstock with Versamark and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Once it was cooled down, I fussy cut the sentiment and layered it onto my target.For my shaker element, I cut down a piece of red cardstock and stamped it twice with a border stamp. I inserted this into a shaker that I handmade from a page protector with my Fuse tool. I filled it with some beautiful products from Buttons Galore and More: Blue Bali Mason Jar Mix (MJ108), 28 Lilac Lane Pearls & Lace (LL510), Sparkletz Peppermint Jazz (SPK124), and 28 Lilac Lane Snow Day (LL128). All of those pieces are so fun and really look cute in my shaker!
I do have a place on the inside of the card for another sentiment. I'll stamp it onto either red or white cardstock and handwrite something mushy for him later!! Thank you for stopping by today! I hope that this inspires you to drag out your Valentine's supplies early and make some cards for your loved ones. I think that this year, our family members need some extra love!
No comments:
Post a Comment