It's a new month so that means it is time for another CKCB kit reveal and blog hop. AND guess what? I am the Master Forger in charge of this month's festivities!!! I chose Cocoa Daisy's August 2020 Backyard Blooms! This kit is bursting with color! I think that there is something in the kit for everyone! Let's check it out!
I feel like this kit just oozes summer with all of it's bright colors! There's so many different elements on their site as well. Check out the CKCB for more links to see all the wonderful items in these kits. There are so many things you could choose to counterfeit too! If you create a forgery, PLEASE share!! We love to see your hard work!
So, let's get going with what I dug out for my own kit!
I actually drew my inspiration from the washi from the inspiration kit. I thought the floral washi looked a lot like the Vicki Boutin Color Study washi that is brand new! I had bought it when it came out at my local Joann's!
Here's their washi:
Here's mine:
It's definitely not identical, but very close! I chose a few other washi tapes to go into my kit and you will see those in the embellishment photos I have of what I chose to stick into my yellow box this month!
My papers:
Here are are the brands of my papers:
Left Side:
- American Crafts - Jen Hadfield - My Bright Life - Field of Flowers
- Cosmo Cricket (this is actually a large scrap and has no border strip)
- My Mind's Eye - My Girl - Flutterby (B Side)
- Webster's Pages - Adrienne Looman - Citrus Squeeze - Picnic Party
- Chickaniddy Crafts - Yippee - Walking On Sunshine
- Echo Park - Good Day Sunshine - Festive Floral (B Side)
- Simple Stories - Hello Today - February (B Side)
Right Side:
- My Mind's Eye - My Girl - Multi Plaid
- My Mind's Eye - My Girl - Kite Strings (B Side)
- Webster's Pages - Adrienne Looman - Citrus Squeeze - Tropical Delight (B Side)
- Webster's Pages - Your Life. Beautiful - Let's Celebrate (B Side)
- American Crafts - Jen Hadfield - Reaching Out - Scatter Friendship (B Side)
- Becky Higgins Project Life 12x12 papers purchased at Tuesday Morning
- American Crafts - Jen Hadfield - Reaching Out -Rainbow Skies
Center Piece:
American Crafts - Heidi Swapp - Carefree - Sunset
Here are the stamps that I chose to put in my kit. They are all Ali Edwards Story Stamps:
Here are the alphas I chose for my kit:
Do you see that pack of really old Making Memories acetate letters? I have had those forever. I hope to NOT return them to my stash when the month is over!
Embellishments:
I really dug deep into my stash this month because I got new shelving for my scrapbook room and had to take everything out of the old white Michael's cubes I have had forever. Military moving has not been kind to my cubes. There's some seriously old stuff in these photos! I really hope to use this stuff up and not have to put it away at the end of the month.
I also included some print and cutfiles that I downloaded from Silhouette Studio as embellishments. Those are all of those floral die cuts. I added some older pocket cards as well as a few new ones. There's a package of Jillibean Soup journaling spots too! Making Memories. Scenic Route. Little Yellow Bicycle. All of those names are in my kit this month. None of them are in business any longer! It makes me sad that we've lost so many manufacturers!
So make sure you check out the rest of the CKCB Blog Hop. There some amazing designers on our team and we have a great Guest Designer this month: May Flaum!! I chose her because I love her work and her laid back attitude about crafting-it's always about having fun with your process. She has amazing classes and kits!
1st June - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop
Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
May Flaum video - https://youtu.be/B9dVdR02Yn0
Tracey - https://3obsessions.blogspot.com/
Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/
You will find me over at the CKCB all month long, so here's our schedule for the month:
- June 2nd - Just The Gist Of It
- June 4th - Forgeries on the Fourth
- June 6th - Mini Kits and Projects Reveal
- June 12th - Challenge #1
- June 18th - Challenge #2
- June 24th - Follower Showcase
- June 27th - Surprise Challenge-it's my birthday!!!!
- June 30th - Killing the Kit
Thank you for stopping by my blog today and have a GREAT month of scrapping!



4 comments:
Wow! Thats a big kit with many interesting bits and pieces.I hope you succeed in using all that old stuff. Power scrapping coming up. :)
Awesome kit Tara. I think it is as big as the inspiration kit you picked. Have fun crafting.
Girl, you are going to need the summer break from homeschooling to eat this elephant! What a stupendous collection you have curated for this kit. And a gold star for all the old stash 🎖
Wow that is a gorgeious kit you got going on and lot of stamps to play with :)It's gonna be fun to see all you creations this month. I agree when you rearrange your room you find lots of old goodies that seem to get lost :) I did the same when I redid my room
Post a Comment