Monday, September 13, 2021

September 2021 CKCB Layouts

I know. I have been MIA.  My oldest daughter has brain cancer and we were gone for her surgery and I have been waiting to see when I am heading back to her house to help her while she's in treatment. It's has kind of thrown us all for a loop.  She did really well with the surgery to remove the tumor-in fact, her neurologist said the surgery could not have gone any better.  He removed all of the tumor, plus excised a little bit more of her brain-just in case. Keep praying for her.  God is working as He always does. 

In the meantime, I have started homeschooling for this school year.  This year, I only have ONE student at my table.  It feels really weird to just have Emily to teach.  I have been homeschooling for 21 years-this school year marking my 22nd year. Emily is a Junior this year, so it won't be long until this part of my life will be completed and I'll have free time, RIGHT?????  LOL


 Here's my beautiful girl!  

I have been doing a minimal amount of scrapbooking and have two layouts to share with you from my September CKCB kit.  The first one features a sketch from the current Allison Davis class:  Sketches for 6x6 Paper Pads - One Page Sketches.  I am having a bit of trouble with this class because of photo sizing.  This particular sketch I was able to use the size she used in hers but I was minus one photo.  I just used the ones that I had and called it good. 


My second layout features our kitty, Smudge, who is a grouchy old man.  He has never EVER responded to his name when you call him.  This photo I took of him was taken because he INSISTED on going outside with the kids while I took back to school photos that year.  I think he remembers that he was the Homeschooled Cat, or maybe he thinks he's the school mascot or something.  That might be true.  HAHAHA! We love our old man kitty.  

I added some washi tape that "jumped" into my online cart while shopping and had landed on my desktop.  I bought it, not because I have lots of Halloween photos to scrapbook, but because I have a black cat.  We take quite a few photos of him.  He "needs" his own washi tape.  I also added a couple of word/phrase stickers from a sheet of Kitty stickers on my desktop.  I put them there so I would start using them!  They're from 7 Gypsies.  Anyone remember that company?  They made word/text stickers before they were cool!  I also used a bit of the animal print from my CKCB kit.  I hate animal prints.  I won't wear them and I don't typically buy them, but this piece of patterned paper was in the paper pad for this Amy Tangerine collection.  So, I have it.  And I will try to use it.  I also managed to get two of the animal print stickers on this page as well.  Win!! 

I hope you have a great week! Thank you for stopping by my blog today!


No comments: