Saturday, September 04, 2021

Forgeries on the Fourth-September Edition!

 Today is the day that the Master Forgers share with you our creations that we duplicated from the monthly Inspiration Kit. I was very inspired this month and set about duplicating a few elements from the kit right away!  First I want to share the washed out denim paper that I created using my stash and a bottle of bleach cleaner.


I sprayed the paper backed denim with bleach spray and left it to sit out in the sun to do some magic!  Once it reached the washed out look I desired, I brought it indoors to rinse out the bleach and allowed it to dry.  The denim did shrink a little but I like how this turned out!


Next, I really wanted to duplicate those adorable buttons from the main kit which you can see below.


I had some wooden buttons in my stash.  So, I decided to tea dye them.


I left them to soak in the tea for about an hour and then pulled them out to allow them to dry.

They looked really dark while I was waiting on them to dry but I decided having some patience was in order.  After about 24 hours, I was able to move on to the next step.


I flipped the buttons to their back side so I'd have a smooth surface to stamp.


The finished results were close enough!

I also really wanted to create a forgery of this beautiful piece of paper in the original kit.


I used a piece of Heidi Swapp's Hawthorn patterned paper and some Silhouette Studio cut files to create my forgery.  I know mine is more pink than the original but I kind of like it.  

As I need them, I might create some of the cute frames from the 6x8 paper pad in my kit.  The inspiration kit had some of the ephemera from the Late Afternoon collection, but I didn't have that in my stash. It's fine because I found plenty of other things to use instead.  

Make sure you check out the CKCB Blog today for more inspiration!




No comments: