Whoa! It's September. What happened to this year!!??? Seriously! Poof! It's gone! Since it's the first of a new month, it's time for the CKCB Kit Reveal and Blog Hop! This month, Master Forger Tina has chosen a beautiful kit from {Not} Just For Boys kit club for us to use as our inspiration to shop our own stash and create a similar kit! It's a fantastic kit! I am in love!!
The kit we are going to create a forgery from is the September 2020 {Not} Just For Boys kit! Here's a view of the kit for you-
Our Guest Designer for the month of September is Lori Gaines!! Please check out her work here.
I had planned on skipping the month of September due to a family emergency, but this kit was right up my alley and we came home early that I messaged Tina to pretty please let me play! I had purchased a small kit of the Amy Tangerine Late Afternoon papers and embellishments from Peachy Cheap recently, but hadn't used it yet. It was a new line from that designer to me-one that I had missed when it came out. I also purchased a 12x12 paper pad of the the collection. I definitely wanted to PLAY! Here are my papers that I chose for this kit:
My papers were mostly from that Amy Tangerine paper pad and were one-sided, so I chose to double up on papers. I also didn't have a rust oxide paper from Elle & Viv, but I did have a wood grain from Elle & Viv so I chose that piece for my wood grain. The big floral patterned paper is from Heidi Swapp's Hawthorn collection. I chose that to create a forgery from to look similar to the white floral piece in the original kit with the bokeh/floral background and white outline flowers on top.
I did find a beautiful oxidated patterned paper by Ciao Bello for my kit. I also included the red/orange plaid from Studio Calico. The yellow dot is an Echo Park. The washed out denim is one of my forgeries from this month, created from denim paper from DCWV. More on that on the fourth!!
I added the 6x8 paper pad in my kit as well. I didn't have much blue in my 12x12 papers and the pad has those in it. Plus, I thought I might be able to make some forgeries from the smaller prints. We'll see how that goes!!
I put lots of alphas and phrases in my kit. I find that I use more of those than what is normally placed into kits, so I add what I think I'll use!
I didn't go too crazy with embellishments but I have quite a few, including some unique wood buttons and trims that I need to use more often! There's also a new set of stamps that I received in my Jillibean Soup Warehouse Box recently. I haven't put those away yet, so I just tossed them in!
So, that's my kit for this month! It's not a super large kit, but it's also not a small kit. I have plenty to work with. I have also printed out photos for the fall of 2013, which is the year I am working through right now. I think I can get some albums completed! Woot!
Don't forget to check out the Guest Designer's kit as well as the other Master Forger's kits in our Blog Hop. You'll see how each of us curated our kits from our stash. Lots of inspiration!
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Guest Lori Gaines - https://www.instagram.com/tag1681/
- Cindy - http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com
- Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com
- Juliet - https://www.instagram.com/julesd/
- Kate - https://kateblue.blogspot.com
- Leslie - http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com
- Tara - YOU ARE HERE
- Misty - https://craftysoup.com
- Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com
- Tracey - https://3obsessions.blogspot.com
- Laura - https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/
Make sure you check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog throughout the month of September for more inspiration and challenges to use up your very own curated kit!!!

4 comments:
Fantastic kit Tara. Love you choices of colors. Have fun scrapping this month.
Swoon on the 2 purple papers in your kit :) A fantastic kit you put together, I almost added the same At Home gold thicker phrase stickers to my kit :) Have fun creating this month
agree with Tina- swoon on those papers (I probably have that Hawthorne paper SOMEWHERE lol) - please send your kit to my house !!
Glad you are able to hop in and play. Looks like you'll have plenty to keep you busy.
Post a Comment