Today, I am issuing my own challenge for you scrapbookers out there. The beginning of a new year brings change for many of us. Sometimes it is lasting change. Sometimes it's only temporary. My themed challenge for you is:
Transitions: New Things On The Horizon
I know that most people make New Year's Resolutions or Goals on January 1st. Let's scrapbook that! Let's put it down on "paper" and talk about that story. We all have stories to tell and I think stories about transitions are important. Wait...you don't make New Year's Resolutions? Neither do I. Life is all about transitioning into new and different things. Here are some transition stories I could easily tell:
I am a military spouse. We transition into a new community every couple of years.
I am a mom. I am currently transitioning into a mom of adult children, since I only have one minor left at home.
I am a homeschool parent with only one student left. I could tell the stories of how that era (20+ years) is coming to an end.
I eat a mostly Paleo lifestyle. I could tell you about that transition. Whew! It was hard.
Transition means change. Change is always happening. Changing of the seasons in our world. Changing jobs. Changing careers. Our health changing (for better or for worse). There are so many changes.
I will be using my January Counterfeit Kit Club Blog kit to create a page kit for this challenge. You can see my full kit here.
I created a color palettte to play with for this challenge:
- 1 piece of Coconut Swirl Bazzill cardstock
- Cocoa Vanilla These Days Family Ties
- Cocoa Vanilla These Days Pretty Posies (B Side)
- Cocoa Vanilla These Days Daybreak
- Cocoa Vanilla These Days Ephemera (flowers, houses, banner, phrase banner)
- Cocoa Vanilla These Days Puffy Stickers
- Ali Edwards Transitions Acrylic Word
- Ali Edwards Transitions Ephemera (heart, black phrase sticker, 2 bubble phrases)
- Ali Edwards Chipboard Circle Phrase
- Ali Edwards Transitions Story Stamp Set
- Ali Edwards Wood Veneer (flowers and hearts)
- Ali Edwards Pocket Life Change card
Ali Edwards Transitions Puffy Hearts Stickers - Yellow Gingham Label is cut from a scrap piece of PinkFresh Studios patterned paper
In 2017, I embarked on a lifestyle change that truly changed my life. I have a spinal injury and when it hurts...IT HURTS. I was living in constant pain. I was taking prescription pain killers as well as Naproxen daily plus getting corticosteroid shots in my back. I am terrified of needles, but I was literally that desperate to find relief. I started reading information online about how eating the right foods for your body can virtually eliminate inflammation in your body. I wasn't sure if I truly believe it at the time, but I was DESPERATE. I found the Whole 30 website and started my Whole 30 journey and Food Freedom way of life on February 3, 2017.
This transition in my life was incredible. Today, I stand before you virtually pain free. No prescription medications daily. No stupid shots that terrify me. The layout that I am going to share with you is part of a story that I am telling. I have created the title page for this album but nothing else. I am using my page kit to work on this album.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog today.
No comments:
Post a Comment