Friday, April 01, 2022

CKCB April 2022 Inspiration Kit and Reveal!!!

It's the first of the month!  Woop Woop!  It's time for a new Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop!  I handed over the reins of the CKCB blog back to Miss Lisa and she chose a wonderful kit for us to use as an inspiration.  Lisa chose a kit from Papers & Beyond called "Follow Your Bliss".  You can check it out here on their site.  I am including photos of the kit for you below.

Look at how bright and happy that kit is!  And I needed a bump to actually start using my hoarded Vicki Boutin stash!  LOL!! 

Let's introduce our April Guest Designer!  A warm welcome to Helen.  Check out her Instagram

So, let's get to kitting!!! Here are some close-ups of the various items in the Inspiration Kit.








So much beautiful stuff in this kit.  I had a little of the items of the original kit from Jen Hadfield. Here are my paper choices for this month!

My very first purchase of Vicki Boutin was this paper pad from Tuesday Morning. This is from her All The Good Things collection.  I included the whole paper pad instead of individual sheets.  The rest of my patterned papers are Jen Hadfield.  There's some from Hey, Hello and other collections.  I had the actual cut aparts from the Inspiration Kit but I had used one or two already, so I just put them in there.  I really kept my paper choices simple this month.  

Next. I want to share the alphas and phrases sets I put into my kit.  I did NOT keep those simple.  I actually put SO MANY choices in there! 


Two of these sets are carry-overs from last month's kit:  The black titles and the teal glitter ones (although it was the other side of those that you saw in my March kit-they were silver).

I also included the stamps from my March kit into this kit.  I didn't use them enough last month.  I don't know if that will change THIS month but that's my hope.  LOL!!!

 Let's talk embellishments!  I did put some of last month's embellishments in this kit.  There are several almost bashed sticker sets.  The goal is to use those up this month or put them away in my color binders at the end of the month.  


That's all of my kit this month.  I feel like it is smaller than normal.  I didn't include washi this month.  I also consider embellishments such as buttons, brads, enamel dots, and twine to be extras that are  "allowed" as I create. 

How about you?  What motivates you about this month's Inspiration Kit?  If this kit isn't you, make sure you check into the CKCB tomorrow for the Just the Gist Of It post.  I am sure that Lisa will have ideas for you to curate a kit that works for you!  

Here's the schedule for the month at CKCB:

April is going to look something like this:

  • 2nd April: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit 
  • 4th AprilForgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements 
  • 6th April: Mini-kit Reveal and Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea 
  • 12th & 18th AprilChallenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit 
  • 24th April: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month 
  • 30th April: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box 

You KNOW that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Communityor share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcapril2022). 

 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Have a great weekend! 
 


4 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Another different twist on the original but bright and cheerful just the same. It is a smaller kit compared to your normal size but I know you'll get busy using it. The Amy Tangerine alphas took my eye. Must investigate those.

kate blue said...

Uuhhh, did we put our kits together at the same time?? We have both of the same paper collections and some of the same embellishments lol

Tina Campbell said...

Gorgeous looking kit and love all the partial stickers sheets in your kit :) Have fun creating this month

Misty said...

Great kit. I often add stamps and don't get to using them so I hope you have luck this time around. And I love the flair and wood buttons you added.