Thursday, September 01, 2022

September 2022 - CKCB Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop!

Guess what time it is?!!  It's time for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop!  The blog hop will be fully linked below, so definitely check it out!  I want to introduce you to our Guest Designer for this month before showing off the beautiful kit that Master Forger Juliet chose for us this month! 

Our Guest Designer is none other than Christine Harden!  She's a friend of mine in the scrappy world and I am super excited that she's playing along with us this month!  We play along in a You Tube Hop called Scraplift Crafternoon each week!  


Here's a little bit about Christine as well as the links to her social media, where you can follow her and get inspired by her wonderful layouts!

My name is Christine Harden and I have been scrapbooking about 23 years (since my daughter was 6 months old). In October I will have been married to my high school sweetheart for 31 years and we have one daughter. I am a 12x12 scrapbooker, mostly single pages, but do have the occasional two pager. It is very hard to pick a single favorite manufacturer, as I think so many have their own unique look and feel, it would be like picking a favorite child. I tend to be a collection scrapbooker, and add "stash" items when I think of it! My typical scrapbook time of day is 4:30 am! I have a full time day job in addition to a side hustle and my scrapbooking hobby. I owned a scrapbook store 11 years ago, before online shopping took over the marketplace. So my scrapbook room still looks like a store, or so I'm told. ­­:-) I currently participate in hops Scraplift Crafternoon and MIUM (Mix it Up Monday). My favorite inspiration is sketches, and I really enjoy interpreting sketches with my own twist.  

 My Instragram is @scrappingharden 

https://www.instagram.com/scrappingharden/ 

My YouTube is Christine Harden 

Now, it's time for you to see our Inspiration Kit for the month of September!  It's a gorgeous kit designed by none other than Traci Reed!  This is a digital kit which gives us lots of opportunities to create forgeries this month!  The kit is Wildflowers digi kit and you can find it HERE.

 Juliet wanted us to focus on the main kit, stickers, papers, and stamps this month.  Here are some photos of the kit so you can see how gorgeous it is!


 



Here's an unboxing by Traci Reed herself of this kit!

https://www.tracireed.com/journal/wildflower

I really enjoyed digging into my stash to find papers that are super close to the ones that Traci designed.  I think I did really great with some of them!   

I added a ton of stamp sets to my kit so that I can create forgeries of some of the embellishments in this kit.  Also, the original kit has digital stamps and I tried to use some of those to inspire my picks from my stamp stash!  I even had an older notebook stamp!


My embellishments are on the smaller side this month since I intend to counterfeit some of the ones from the inspiration kit!  I included lots of pocket cards from the Turn The Page collection from Paige Evans and some super old bare chipboard from my stash!



I did include a TON of Thickers in my kit this month!  I have some really old white sets that I'd like to use up as well as some half used woodgrain and kraft sets.

I also included some die sets in my kit this month!  I have an alpha set from PinkFresh Studio that looks so similar to the die cuts in the kit that I had to include it.  I also added my Hip Kit Club tags and banners die set as well as a set of banners and labels that I recently purchased on Amazon.


I did create a video of my kit, and, in my lovely rambling style talk to you about my process a little.  I noticed after I was finished recording that I called the Paige Evans Turn the Page collection the incorrect name-oh well.  I do say it correctly when I get to the embellishments that I added.  Here's the link to my video for that.  I hope you enjoy!  If you do, leave me a thumbs up and a comment!  


https://youtu.be/wJ-Ws-TdX4U


Here's the full blog hop!  Please check out everyone else's kits to see what each of us were inspired by! 

 

Don't forget to come join us over at the FaceBook group as well.  That's where lots of us share our kits and layouts all month long! We'd love to have you! Have a scrappy September! 

4 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

A colourful collection of papers and love all your embellies. Bare chipboard was a great idea.

LCSmithSAVED said...

I love seeing all the detail shots of each category of product. Off to watch your video!

cinmfoster said...

Fabulous kit, Tara. Love the addition of the Frames and Chipboard. I may have to keep that in mind as I scrapbook.

Tina Campbell said...

Sweet kit and love that you added all that raw chipboard too :) Love the alpha dies too, need to invest in a few of those kinds of dies too