This month for our team of Master Forgers we do things a little differently. We take the month off from regular kitting and challenges to do something a little Christmas-y. This year we are doing a themed based set of prompts using the Christmas song The Twelve Days of Christmas. Master Forgers Lisa, Anna, and I spent a month or so writing these prompts. Lisa has done all of the blog work and writing for the CKCB blog so make sure you check out those posts!
I chose to work with Day Four- Four calling birds because I knew that I had the perfect photos for the prompt and technique! Yay!!
I decided to take this prompt in a little bit different direction than what you'd expect. I am currently finishing up scrapbooking my 2014 Family Albums. That year, her husband deployed with his unit in the Army to Afghanistan & Kuwait. He spent the first half of the deployment in Afghanistan and the rest in Kuwait. This was around the time that the Army ceased one year deployments in favor for shorter deployments, which is amazing BUT it also meant that the soldiers were no longer given R&R (Rest & Relaxation) weeks to come home at the halfway mark. Knowing that Pat wasn't going to be home for Christmas meant that that their family would have to do something different. Pat had never been gone over Christmas in his Army career before this time. I had recently upgraded my iPhone to a newer model. Patrick took the older one with him on his deployment. The entire time he was deployed, we used the FaceTime function for him to call home. Sometimes, the WIFI connection wasn't good enough for more than a fast hello, but it was better than nothing! We planned for Pat to call in the morning (EST timezone) so he could join in for the family Christmas celebration. This layout features the photos that i took of Pat on her iPad as he talked with the kids and then opened his presents. If you look at the photos, you can see me in the corner with my Nikon snapping photos. It genuinely made Christmas apart bearable that year! Yay for technology! His WIFI connection last the entire time. We felt so blessed.
First, I created a shaker element using a telephone cutfile I downloaded from the Silhouette Studio store. I enlarged the file and then used my stash of Hip Kit Club's Christmas kits to create this two page layout of our FaceTime Christmas.
I wanted to create a title page for this layout that just popped! This shaker fit the bill. I also used this large element to create a place for hidden journaling. I will have the shaker element outside of the page protector once it’s put into my December 2014 family album.
Here are a few close-ups of the layout.
I also included my journaling unerneath the telephone shaker. Here's a close-up of the journaling.
I want to thank you for visiting my blog today. I also hope that you will visit CKCB either on our blog, Instagram, or on our FaceBook group. That info follows:
We'd love it if you'd join in.
As always you can share kits, layouts and projects with us in our Facebook Community, or tag us over on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcdecember2022 and #ckc12daysofchristmas).




No comments:
Post a Comment