Tuesday, August 01, 2023

August 2023 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal & Social Media Hop

 Wow!  July zoomed by! It’s time for another Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog inspiration kit reveal and social media hop! This month, Master Forger Lisa is in charge this month and chose a new kit club for us to use as inspiration to curate our own kits from our stash!  Before I show you our inspiration kit, I'd like to introduce you to our Guest Designer for the month of August!

Please meet Miss Clair who is a former member of the Master Forgers!  I am so HAPPY to see her working with us again this month as she is so very MISSED!!!  

Definitely check out her Instagram account and see her beautiful work! 

So, let's get on with this month's inspo kit!  As I already mentioned, this is a brand new kit club and this is their June kit.  Check out Pink and Paper Scrapbook Kit and Workshop. Because their kit is a membership kit, I'll share the photo of the kit and the list of items in the kit we are using to curate our very own kits.  You might need to click on the photo below to make it large enough for you to see all the goodies in the kit!

Kit contents:  

 

Papers:  

  • Crate Paper – Gingham – Picnic  
  • Crate Paper – Gingham – Love This  
  • Crate Paper – Gingham – Alight  
  • Crate Paper – Gingham – In the Shade  
  • Maggie Holmes – Woodland Grove – Heart Dreams  
  • Maggie Holmes – Woodland Grove – Fearless  
  • Maggie Holmes – Woodland Grove – Wildflower  
  • Cocoa Vanilla – Happy Days – Definitive  
  • Cocoa Vanilla – Happy Days – Lush Blooms  
  • Cocoa Vanilla – Happy Days – Little Blossom  

 

Embellishments:  

  • Cocoa Vanilla – Happy Days – die cut pack  
  • Cocoa Vanilla – Happy Days – puffy sticker hearts  
  • Paige Evans – Blooming Wild - die cut pack  
  • Thickers – Radiant – puffy word stickers  

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I might have went rogue this month.  Sort of.  I own the Cocoa Vanilla Happy Days collection, but I am not ready to play with it at this time.  I have to oooohhh and aaaahhhh for a bit before I dig into a pretty collection like this.  I also didn't like the Maggie Holmes collection enough to buy much of it.  I have a couple of the sheets of paper but I don't think I have any of the ones in the inspiration kit!  Ditto with the Crate Paper collection.  But I do love the color palette of the Happy Days collection and that is how I built my kit-by those colors.  I am loving bright collections right now.  This color palette reminded me a little bit of the Vicki Boutin collections Sweet Rush and Color Study.  So, I pulled all of what I own of those collections and that became my kit.  I added some washi and a few other things but mostly my kit is paper this month!!  
 
I have FORTY-FOUR sheets of patterned paper PLUS the full Sweet Rush 6x8 paper pad in my kit.  I do realize this is a ton of patterned paper and I also know that I will not likely use it all.  My goal is to make a HUGE DENT in it by the end of the month before putting it back into my stash.  Here are my patterned papers:
 
 There are many doubles in this line-up!

Next up are alphas and phrase sets for my kit:


And finally, the washi I added plus the ephemera and sticker books I have for these collections.  I also added some butterflies that my BFF brought to me when she visited in June for my birthday!

 
Make sure you check out the full hop below and leave some love for everyone!!!  

1st August - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop 

  


Thank you for stopping by my blog today!!  Have a GREAT month and get lots of scrapping done!

4 comments:

Clair said...

Your kits never fail to wow me and you know I love it when someone goes rogue. What's the use in counterfeiting if you don't make it work for you?

I can't wait to see what you create with all this over the course of the month. I'm really looking forward to joining in!

Miss you too xx

Julene Matthews said...

Wowee! Where are my sunglasses? You are a brave woman using those bright papers. I know you will make the most out of them and create masterpieces though. Love it.

Misty said...

Have fun playing with all that bold color!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love this! Just toss it all in cuz it's the good stuff & it will be fun to play with! Let's face it - the object is to use it, right? Perfectly bright, fun & summery <3