Wow. December really flew by! Maybe it's because I just wasn't as "into it" as I normally am. Nope not a Grinch. I love Christmas but we had a ton of changes this year and one of our babies flew the nest, kinda throwing me off kilter. I wasn't ready. She was and she's doing okay. I really miss her though.
However, it IS the first of the month AND the first of the new year. I have two things for you! The first is that I was handed the reins to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog as the new leader. I love my team and I know we are going to do great things together BECAUSE we always do. You can read about the changes here. It's a big responsibility but I know that with my team, I can do it! We'll miss Lisa though.
OK, the second thing, of course is the NEW CKCB Inspiration Kit Reveal and the Social Media Hop that goes with it. I had to change the name of the hop to a Social Media Hop because our Master Forgers don't all use blogs. We have members on YouTube and Instagram only as well as the few of us who maintain a blog. So, let me share with you the first kit we are using to curate our own kits from our stash:
![]() |
| Hip Kit Club December 2023 Main Kit |
I am a subscriber to this awesome kit club so it would SO very easy for me to cheat and use this kit for my monthly kit, BUT I didn't! Nope! What I did do was go through all of my Hip Kits that I own and find papers and embellishments to use this month. I think I did a good job counterfeiting this kit without cheating. If you know me, you KNOW I started with their papers. Here's a photo of just the papers in the December kit:
This gives you a little better view of those papers. It just so happened that I was playing with one of their kits at the time that Master Forger Cindy shared that this was the kit she was choosing for January and that kit had a piece of pink woodgrain in it. I started with that piece of patterned paper. That paper came from HKS's Dream Big collection which was showcased in their January 2021 kit. Yes, I still have that kit. I don't have ALL of it but I do have that pink woodgrain. So, it's the very first piece of patterned paper that I put into my kit.
The next patterned paper I set out to find a match for was the snowflake wreath. Lo and behold, the December 2020 kit had a similar piece in it. It's so close to the one in the December 2023 kit that I was happy with my choice. I also pulled a patterned paper from this same kit to match up that paper with the houses! Perfect!! So, here's a photo of my papers!
Instead of the sweater texture squares I went with a stripe but otherwise I tried to find things that were close. I am quite happy with these 11 paterned papers I have in my kit. I decided to just stop there.
Here's a photo of my alphas. You know me, I always put more alphas and phrases in my kit than in the inspiration kit because I NEED choices! I almost never know what I will end up scrapbooking during the month so I give myself lots of leeway.
Next, are my embellishments. This is where I kinda deviated from the inspiration kit. I decided to put things in there that I have been meaning to use like those Color Cast acrylic pieces. There's also a pack of winter ephemera from one of the HKC kits that I pillaged this month.
This month, my very wonderful friend, Kristen from Scrapping on the Fly on YouTube and Instagram responded to my distressing call and said she would be my Guest Designer for the month of January! Here's a wonderful photo of her! Isn't she just beautiful? Inside and out....
Hello! My name is Kristen, I am the proud mom of two, mostly, grown kiddos and a lover of all things scrapbooking! Making the memories to scrapbook, buying the collections and crafty tools, organizing all the fun stash and, of course, using all the different craft things to make a layout! I started my fist official scrapbook in 1996 and have been creating ever since!
Here's the Social Media Hop for January:
1st January - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop:
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Guest Designer Kristen - https://www.instagram.com/scrappingonthefly/
- Tara - https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com/
- Christine - https://www.youtube.com/@ScrappingHarden
- Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
- Misty - https://craftysoup.com/
- Laurie - https://www.instagram.com/scrapbookingbits/



4 comments:
Love your eclectic mix of embellishments. Very fun kit.
Nice kit. You're on the mark with both papers and embellishments.
Beautiful kit with the close matches as well as the go-your-own-way elements.
Wowsa Tara I'm loving this month''s kit! Great job...I think it is the color pallet I'm loving so much! TFS~ Kimberly
Post a Comment