Hi! Welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy this post. I do want to warn you that most of my layouts are either on my YouTube Channel or the CKCB FB Community Group. I just use my blog as a landing site for our social media hop.
This month, Master Forger Misty is in charge of the blog and she has chosen an amazing kit from Kitaholics Kits. She chose the May 2024 kit for us to use as inspiration and it's quite a fun one. Here's the kit photos, including the stamps from the mixed media kit add-on.
After a long career in nursing and years of caring for my mom, I have been able to focus more on the fun aspects of scrapbooking. I have been scrapbooking and collecting supplies for 25+years so time to use the supplies. I love following sketches and challenges to play with all the pretty paper and embellishments. As a retired person and childless cat lady I get to tell the stories of my extended family and of course those beloved cats. My favorite technique is probably die cutting as I do some on most pages.
So, let's talk about how I curated my kit from my stash. When I saw Misty's kit choice, I knew that I already owned almost all of the individual items in the kit. I don't own the stamps or the exact inks in the kit. However, I did know that I own stamps that are similar enough so I pulled those first. Here's the stamp sets I pulled from my stamping stash.
I also own the entire collection each of Cedar House, Great Escape and the PhotoPlay sticker sheet. Next, I pulled the unused Photo Play sticker sheet. I have a partially used sheet but wanted the option to have the whole thing and since I had two, I pulled the one I haven't used yet. I also own Great Escape. However, I know that Traci Reed actually designed this collection and it's available for download on her website. The collection is titled "Summer Camp" on her website and you can find it here. I am a Design Team member for her, so I downloaded the collection from her site and printed the Stickers from the collection. Could I have used the physical collection that I also own? Why yes, I could have. I didn't because I have plans for it and didn't want to pull from it for my kit.
Now, if you know me well, and have been a reader of my blog for awhile, you know that I normally start my kitting process with the papers. I didn't this time because I know that I have all of the sheets of patterned paper from Cedar House. I am not pulling from that collection. Instead, I am using the DCWV paper pad, Urban Street, to pull in the papers. This DCWV paper pad is virtually identical to Cedar House. It needs to be used because I'd like to have the two Kallax cubes that house my paper pads to eventually be emptied. This is a start in that direction. I know, it's ONE of many paper pads in those two cubes, but it's still a start. I will also be including some papers from the Traci Reed collection titled The Manuscript. Here's a photo of my papers. I left the paper pad intact for the photo:
I did include some other embellishments for my kit that I felt went well with the kit.
So, that's my kit! I think I am quite happy with what I put into it. It's probably too big with me going on a cruise mid-month but we'll see!!! Without further ado, here's the Social Media Hop. Our Guest Designer, Sheryle, will share her kit and projects on the CKCB FaceBook Community Group, so make sure you check her out there.
1st - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop
Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Guest Designer - Sheryle Thomas (Sheryle is sharing her work on our Facebook Group)
Christine - https://www.youtube.com/@ScrappingHarden
Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
Misty - http://www.craftysoup.com
Thank you so much for dropping by today!!!






3 comments:
Great job on the kit. Loving the bits and bobs you have pulled. I too am making a push on my paper pad this year because I just don't have all that many loose papers to kit up. Still, I may go see if I can put together a bit of a mini kit. Thanks for the inspiration.
Fantastic ideas in your kit. I like that you could have taken the easy way out,but didn't. I'm sure all those embellishments will come in handy too.
Awesome kit. I love all the trims/ribbons you have!
Post a Comment