Friday, August 01, 2025

August 2025 - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Social Media Hop!

 Hello!  It's the first of August and that means that it is time for the August Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Kit Inspiration Kit Reveal.  Master Forger Laurie is in charge of the blog this month and has chosen a collection for us to counterfeit!  Here's a photo of the collection from Carta Bella:

Before I get started with sharing my kit and thought process behind what I chose, I want to welcome our Guest Designer, Nadine Michelle.  You can find her on YouTube here. 

       I always start with the patterned papers for my counterfeited kits and this month, I checked my Carta Bella stash to see if I had any of this collection and I did!!! Here are the three papers from the Inspiration Kit that I had in my stash:


 When looking at this collection, I looked at the flowers on the far left hand patterned paper in the photo above.  They reminded me of a Paige Evans collection that I knew that I owned a little bit of so, I added some of those papers and the embellishments.  That collection is called Turn The Page.  Here's a photo of the inspiration I got from this collection:

And here's the floral pattern from the Paige Evans collection that those florals reminded me of:


 


It's not a perfect match but I am sure you can see why it reminded me of the original pattern!  Here's all of my papers for my August kit:


 I genuinely tried to keep the paper down to a minimum but I kinda failed since there are quite a few pieces in there.  Three of those sheets will be fussy cut because I didn't put many embellishments into my kit this month:  


 My kit is sort of small but still has choices in it.  I hope to use my Cameo or metal dies to create additional embellishments. 

Check out the social media hop with our Guest Designer and the rest of the Master Forger team!


Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop:

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope that you have an amazing month creating awesome layouts for your family's memories!   

1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

A very colourful kit this month Tara. I like the direction your thought process took you. Have fun!