Sunday, February 01, 2026

February 2026 - CKCB Inspiration Kit and Social Media Hop!!!

 Hello!  It's February 1st and that means it is time for a new Inspiration Kit and Social Media Hop for Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog!  This month, our newest Master Forger, Amanda, is in charge of our blog and has chosen a wonderful inspiration kit by The Scrap-Room for us to use to curate similar kits from our own stash.  Here are the photos of the Inspiration Kit:



 I think this is going to be very fun month.  We haven't done one of the ScrapRoom's kits in a very long time so it's awesome that there's four different mini kits into one.  There are so many ways to curate this type of kit from your stash.  You could choose just one of the mini kits and create one large kit.  This would have been a great idea for me to use up my Vicki Boutin Discover & Create.  I didn't choose to do it that way.  

 Before, we dig further into my own kit, let's talk about this month's Guest Designer!  Welcome to the team for the month, Kathy!  She is one of my Scraplift Crafternoon tribe members and participates in many of my hops I host on my own FaceBook Community Group. 

 

"Hi, I’m Kathy — mum of five, Deputy Principal by day, and a scrapbooker for over 24 years. Scrapbooking has been part of my life through every season, and my style is best described as eclectic: I don’t believe in boxes, rules, or “one right way” to create. I’m always willing to give any scrapbooking style, trick, or tip a fair go. From clean and simple to messy, layered, budget-friendly or bold, if it helps tell the story, I’m in. My heart is in capturing real memories for my family, the everyday moments as much as the big ones. I truly believe scrapbooking is more than a hobby, it’s history recording In real time. One day, future historians won’t just look at textbooks; they’ll look at the stories we preserved. Our layouts show how we lived, what we valued, who we loved, and how life evolved over time. That’s pretty powerful. I love to scrapbook, I love all things paper and my motto - just add more!"
 
You can catch her kit for February by making sure you follow along with the social media hop at the end of my post.  She has a pretty colorful kit!
 
Now, let's have a chat about my own kit!  The ScrapRoom kit has four collections in it:
 
Carta Bella At Home
PhotoPlay Bro's Amazing
Simple Stories Winter Wonder
Vicki Boutin Discover + Create
 
Lets start with the Carta Bella At Home collection.  I don't own it and really not a whole lot like it.  I did have some Carta Bella papers in my stash so I pulled those to use this month.  I have no matching embellishments, so I can see using my dies and/or cutfiles to complete layouts with this part.  I can also see using the stuff I pulled from Vicki Boutin's Discover & Create because I put in a whole lot of embellishments from that collection into my own kit.  Here's a photo of the papers that I chose:
 

Next up, the inspo kit has Vicki Boutin's Discover & Create.  This collection I do have and I have barely even touched it!  YIKES!  I pulled some papers from that collection and quite a few embellishments:
 

 The inspo kit has a Simple Stories collection called Winter Wonder.  I didn't dig through my Simple Stories collections, but instead dug through my winter themed drawer where I pulled a Hip Kit Club kit with similar colors inside of it:
 

 And last, the inspo kit has Photo Play's Bro's Amazing collection in it, which I do own.  I have the full collection pack plus two extra sheets of paper and an extra set of stickers because I got those items in a We Create class kit and those were leftovers:
 

 I had lots of help curating my kit and taking the photos of it:
 

Penny was trying to decide if these papers matched her beautiful fur or not! 


Penny decided that the orange in these papers were a better match plus it has blue so it makes it perfect for her to get her good side captured.

Jasper had to see how good he looked as well. 

Phineas thinks they are both being silly and is overseeing the process instead. 

In all seriousness, this is a bigger kit than I have been making lately.  I hope to use at least half the papers in there because I really hate putting things away.  As always, I reserve the right to make additions to my kit with cardstock, stamps, mixed media, inks and dies/cutfiles. 

Make sure you check out the Guest Designer's and the other Master Forger's kits by hopping along with the social media hop below.  If you are interested in being a Guest Designer for CKCB, let me know! Thank you for stopping by this month!

 
 


 

1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

You (and the cats) have made some lovely choices there and I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out.