Before I finish that thought, I better tell you what this rambling is all about as some of you aren't on the blog ring that I was asked to be on....My friend Jacquie has started a blog ring where she gives us a topic to write about and then we do...so well, I will give this one a go-LOL
I wish I knew WHO God had in store for me as a mate before I spent so much time being upset about a certain fiance who broke off our marriage a week before it was to take place. So...like Jacquie this is a hard topic because there aren't many regrets in my life-yep I had a tough life too. In fact, my early years pretty much sucked but I don't want to go there. Those aren't things that I could change!
I was to marry a guy named Brian at the ripe old age of 17-before I graduated from high school. The day was scheduled to be Feb. 3, 1990. I set it up with my high school to allow me to graduate at half term since I had the credits and the grades to do so. My man was in the Navy and was moving to VA for his first duty assignment.
A week before we were to get married, he changed his mind. I was devastated. BADLY! I had 100 invitations out there to recall and gifts to return. I was embarrassed, hurt, angry, disgusted and just KNEW that I was to blame.
It was the best thing to ever happen to me-wish I had known that at the time so I could've skipped the tears (boy do I hate to cry). God had someone else in mind for me. No he's not perfect-and boy howdy is that an understatement!! In fact, I REALLY wish he would learn to put his dirty clothes in the hamper instead of on the floor next to our bed. LOL!! But we are quite a match-the complete opposite in almost everything but we go together like fries and ketchup. I love this man and every time I think of the man I almost married, I want to THANK him for ditching me. SO THANKS BRIAN, YOU GAVE ME MY MATCH!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment