

Well I haven't taunted or teased or begged any of you to join lately. I know...bad ME. ;) I got December's kit this week. It's a wonderful kit (of course!!). The kit papers for this month are from Basic Grey's Fruitcake-YUMMY (unlike the real stuff-BLECK). Our technique for this month is wire coiling.
WHAT is wire coiling. Well we learned how to make coils with the wire and some mandrels (wooden dowels in varying sizes) to make jump rings, photo corners, snowflakes and poinsettias. It's a very easy but pretty technique. You can also add beads to the finished wire embellie if you wish. I did two LO's and a card for the newsletter this month and ALL three of them made it in there! How exciting is that?? The gadget this month was from Fiskars-their wire jig. I am using it right now to make a pretty frame (for WHAT I don't know).
On that note, I didn't get to go to SG HQ this month for the DT meeting as I don't have the funds for it OR the time, not with our month long Christmas break from homeschooling looming around the corner. I was so disappointed Wednesday to not be there!! The January kit is beautiful (I still have the DT spoiler) with gorgeous papers from Crate Paper and A2Z (the ladies have already found them through the topper spoiler so I am not giving anything away here). The technique is cutting edge and really COOL. I didn't get to see what it looks like since I didn't get to go and I can't tell you here what it is. But I can't wait for my January kit to arrive! SIGH...only 25 days until they ship...it's going to be a LOOOONNNNNG month!
2 comments:
Great lo's! Love the pictures of Emily. Seth is too cute!
cute pages! just love those papers!!! I just got the basic grey blush papers, they are quite yuummy as well.
Post a Comment