Thursday, February 28, 2008

SOOO.....not much going on around here....

Ok you all know that isn't true...ROTFLOL. Let's see I finished my sister's taxes this week, I think she gave me no less than three "heart attacks" with confusing information. All's well that ends well. LOL...

I've ticked off my eldest child by requiring the three oldest to put on a play based upon a Greek myth. He's afraid me might LOOK stupid. Well, he WILL look stupid with that KNOT upside his cute teenage head if he doesn't do as asked...ROTFLOL. I think he's finally getting INTO this assignment though and is now acting as director. He's the eldest, bossy comes naturally. insert EYE ROLL here......

I've had a bad headache today. AGAIN. I am sick of those. sigh.....It's gone now. A tall White chocolate Mocha from Starbucks and 600 mg Motrin later though...LOL

My grandfather was diagnosed with Leukemia today. He's expected to live 3 months to a year. There's not much they can do for him except keep him comfortable. This hit me hard. I love my grandpa although he never had much to do with me growing up (he doesn't like kids and instinctly I knew this and stayed out of his way). As an adult I love to have him around and he's pretty good company. He's always been there KWIM???? Not sure what to say or do. Except pray for his Salvation and pray for him to go quietly and painlessly. As far as I know, they released him from the hospital today after a blood transfusion. People you love ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DIE. PERIOD.....EVER.

Picture share for today....yes she has gum in her mouth. The baby LOVES gum and she's been chewing it like a pro since she 9-10 months old. This particular piece lasted until dinner time (about 2.5 hours or so) until I made her spit it out in a paper napkin. I think she's going to be like that little girl on Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. ;-)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Glad that your oldest is getting into the part. Yes, I can tell you that even when you are grown up. The oldest still thinks he is the boss and tries to insert it! ROFL

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Prayers for you and your family.

Cute picture!

Lissa Ballard said...

OMGosh Tara - she so doesn't look like a baby any more! Where does time go????

LOL LOVE the comment about that knot upside that cute teenage head... we've had more than a few of those around here. Fortunately, even my one I NEVER thought would grow up is making strides.... (Gee; wish I could get dh to learn that ! HA HA HA)

Hugs!

Julie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa! Mine was the same way, but he loved having us around when we got older. Although he really seemed to enjoy having his great-grandchildren around at a younger age :)
I will keep him in my prayers...and you! ((hug))