Friday, March 13, 2009

LO’s to share

setI can *fortunately* still share LO’s as long as I am not using my camera to upload. So…I’ll torture you with three of my latest pages.
This first page I used BackPorch Memories January Solo kit to scrap some postcards from our visit to the residenz schloss in Wuerzburg, Germany in February 2005 while my mom was visiting us. There are no pix of us because it was SOOOO cold that day that all I wanted to do was get into the schloss with my newborn and back to the car! I think Mom took one photo but it was awful (bad camera). I think you can click on the LO to make it larger. But isn’t that white room gorgeous????
Schloosimwuerzburg2pgs
This LO I completed using the BPM January Medley kit. This was NOT my favorite part of the kit, in fact I rather hated this paper but it works for this picture of my Mom and Seth. Again photo taken February 2005. The felt embellishment was made by Kylie for a felt swap started on the message board at Scrap Goods. It’s my favorite part of the whole LO.
nana&seth
These pictures are on Emily and Seth in mid-February 2005. He just LOOOOVEEED that baby. I seem to have half a million of him holding her. Thanks to Dana for the title. This is papers and ribbons from an old SG kit, plus some flowers and bling from a BPM kit and some other bits and pieces from other BPM kits and stash.
rockabyebaby
On this note…Scrap Goods is officially gone. The website is down. I am not sad. I guess I “grieved” when they made the announcement, but my only feelings now are betrayal…how weird of me. LOL. SG was an integral part of me becoming the scrapper I am today. I will be forever grateful and honored to have been a part of their kit club. I grew tremedously as a scrapper, but you know what else. I also grew as a person through learning about others on their message board. I am so grateful that we were able to start OSU and stay together as friends.
And here is my plug for OSU (you can click on the name above to take you to the homepage), if you know me and want to join OSU…shoot me an email and I will be happy to approve you as a member. The ladies on this board are some of my favorite people in the whole world and I’d be glad to share them with you (and you with them). If you do register, you NEED to let me know via email with your username as I am only approving people I am familiar with at this time. We are trying to maintain a safe place to talk and scrap. We had an awesome crop the first weekend in March…those are always fun.

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a terrific idea about scrapping the postcards! I am totally going to lift this idea!!

Geri said...

I agree with everything you said about the ladies at OSU being some of your favorite people. I am so glad that we didn't lose track of all our friends when SG went under.

Love the layouts!

Auntie Em said...

Yeah and even mean people like me!!! LOL, come on down.