Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Inventory of what was left

We had 12 crates of belongings.  6 of those are safely in a warehouse right now.  We had to inventory and re-pack those today.   We worked for about 6 hours.  My inventory is in my own handwriting with descriptions that make sense.  That’s going to be a switch when we get our Household Goods this time.  Normally I struggle to read the inventory list.  ;)

We searched through the debris some more today.  We found some more of our Polish Pottery and was able to save some more of it.

DSC_1706

DSC_1707

DSC_1708

DSC_1709

DSC_1711

We lost somewhere around 70—75% of our belongings.  It’s all the high value items and most of our furniture.  We did manage to see that we still have a dining room table and chairs left. 

Again…the photos and scrapbooks are what I am worried about losing.

DSC_1697

DSC_1701

My computer monitor

DSC_1722

DVD’s were left looking like this….

DSC_1713

DSC_1716

7 comments:

Scrappytbear said...

Oh tara I am so so sorry about what was senselessly taken from you :( thinking of you :(

ladynurse4 said...

still so sad for you guys. prayed for you today in Bible study.

Meghan said...

Tara, my heart goes out to you.
Anything u need, u let me know!!!!
ANYTHING!

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Tara!!! I step away from bloggy land for one day and miss this! I am so sorry :( It has to be tough! I know it's just "stuff" too, but its your stuff! I'd be having a hard time:(

Betsie Morris said...

I just don't understand why someone would do this. It is just horrible. I actually was thinking about your beutiful dinning room table and chairs. I love them! I am glad you have those still. Does the millitary help replace what was lost?

cre8ivecrafter said...

I am so glad you were able to salvage a few of the Dutch Pottery Items - I know you ♥ those - and those are hard to find. SO many family memories are probably tied to them as well :-)

As far as the photos... carefully blow off any soot, but do NOT apply pressure to the photos. You can save every little photo/scrapbook that you can find! I mean *EVERYTHING* (even if it is burned). Save them until you can plan to have a Fire Restoration service look at them and restore them for you... better yet... call a few of them and find out what to do/not do to store them until funds are available to have the restoration done.

(((hugs))) Still sending more prayers and good thoughts.

Ruth said...

My heart hurts for you and your family. Praying for you.