Wednesday, April 01, 2020

April CKCB Kit Reveal and Blog Hop!!!

It's the first day of the month and guess what that means???  It's time to reveal the kit we will be forging over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog!  Woot!!!  This is the best time of the month!  This month Master Forger Clair chose the Cocoa Daisy Orchard Path kits as her inspiration for us!!  











There's so much goodness in this kit!  I really love the colors and the flowers!  The patterned paper that spoke to me the most was this one:




I KNEW that I had something very similar in my stash so I set out looking for it!  My paper is from Studio Calico and it is charcoal instead of that lovely forest green, but it's close enough!!!




The alpha stickers also inspired me so I made sure to find some to add to my kit! So, let's see what's in my yellow box for April!!  Introducing Spring In A New York Minute!  (LOL)




Here are the papers that I chose:





After finding the piece from Studio Calico, I also looked through my Webster's Pages folder of papers because I knew I had a few pieces from Adrienne Looman's Family Tradition paper pad that I bought a few years ago.  I also included some Teresa Collin's paper, Little Yellow Bicycle, Sassafras Lass, My Mind's Eye, and a few pieces that didn't have a manufacturer tag on them any longer.  


I also chose some smaller sized papers for my kit this month:


The apricot stripe is a scrap from the Webster's Pages paper pad. The large floral is from Dear Lizzy.  Then I pulled from two 6x8 paper pads that I recently got from Peachy Cheap: Saturday Afternoon by One Canoe Two and Auburn Lane by Pink Paislee.



I didn't include a ton of embellishments in this kit because I plan on a few forgeries but here's what I have:








Alphas, blank journaling cards, and labels:


Stamps:


So, that's where my kit ended up!   I can't wait to dig into it!!  We're still cold in the North Country so spring colors sound like a much needed remedy for the Winter Blues.  ;)

Make sure you check out our Guest Designer, Mel Davis and the rest of the Master Forgers by going through the blog hop!


1st  April - Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Blog Hop


Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/


9 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Awesome looking kit Tara :) lots of fun in that kit for the month

Lori said...

I cannot wait to see what you create with your beautiful kit! You have a lot of fun goodies to play with this month!

Julene Matthews said...

It's a big kit with lots of beautiful elements.Loving that you have gone more lime in your kit.

Clair said...

That navy floral was definitely one of my favourites from the inspiration kit, so I'm really happy to see that you loved it too! Your kit is just lovely and I hope you have fun with it this month!

Susanne said...

Fun kit, but those stamps really got my attention. Enjoy.

Becca Sadler said...

Tara: You've assembled a copy-cat kit with lots of vibrant color tones that's a bit 'spicier' than the original inspiration kit but with all those fabulous embellishments, I'm sure you will have lots of creative fun this month! Suggestion for your inspo paper featured at the beginning of your kit photos: have you thought about using a colored pencil or a light wash of soft green ink or paint to go over the charcoal and white? Maybe it could become a forgery for you. Just an idea.

Tara O said...

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your suggestions! I haven't decided what I am going to do with that piece of paper yet. ;)

Tara O said...

Thank you. I really like the stamps too!

Tara O said...

It was my absolute favorite so I really need to make sure to USE it! ;)