A new month means a new Counterfeit Kit to counterfeit! This month, yours truly has taken over the Counterfeit Kit Club blog and am giving a great kit to curate a look-alike from your very own stash. No need to go to the store or make an online order!! Dig through your stuff!!!
I chose the Wonderful World kit that Clique Kits put out back in March to counterfeit. They have removed most of the links from their website at this time, but I saved most of the photos when I chose the kit! Here's the original kit!
There are so many cute papers and embellishments in this kit! I can see a ton of forgeries coming out of the Master Forgers! Here's a collage of 9 of the papers in the original kit to help you get a good feel of what is in this kit:
The software I used to make this collage of patterned papers only allowed 9 photos so here are the other two:
So let's talk about how I curated my own version of this kit!! I actually started with the Heidi Swapp rainbow paper included in the original kit. I have this patterned paper as well as a couple of Heidi Swapp Art Walk patterned papers, so those papers went into my own kit first. After that, I put in papers that I thought I would use and matched the color scheme!
So let's talk about how I curated my own version of this kit!! I actually started with the Heidi Swapp rainbow paper included in the original kit. I have this patterned paper as well as a couple of Heidi Swapp Art Walk patterned papers, so those papers went into my own kit first. After that, I put in papers that I thought I would use and matched the color scheme!
Left Side:
- American Crafts-Heidi Swapp: Storyline-Sunnyside "B" side
- Crate Paper-Maggie Holmes: Chasing Dreams paper pad
- American Crafts-Heidi Swapp: Art Walk-Blues
- Crate Paper-Maggie Holmes: Sweet Story-Confection
- American Crafts-Jen Hadfield: Hey! Hello!-Yellow Roses
- Heidi Swapp: Hello Today paper pad
- American Crafts-Heidi Swapp: Storyline-Rainbows
- American Crafts-Heidi Swapp: Art Walk-Terrace
There were some phrase stickers in the original kit and I have a ton of those in my stash. I pulled some out that I thought would work with the photos I will be working with this month! I also dug through my chipboard stash and found some bare chipboard pieces that might work. There are butterflies in the original kit!!
The next thing I looked at in the original kit was the ephemera package. It was a Vicki Boutin set and I have it! So, I included it but also added some other just for good measure!! I like lots of choices when I scrapbook! LOL!!!
As you can see from that photo, I also added some other embellishments and a stamp. The original kit had a cute girl stamp in it and I have several of these by Prima! I added some butterfly stickers and some Freckled Fawn family name stickers and chipboard phrases. I also added an Ali Edward's Friends Story Kit from March. Below is a photo from her site so you can see what's in the envelope-
As you can see from that photo, I also added some other embellishments and a stamp. The original kit had a cute girl stamp in it and I have several of these by Prima! I added some butterfly stickers and some Freckled Fawn family name stickers and chipboard phrases. I also added an Ali Edward's Friends Story Kit from March. Below is a photo from her site so you can see what's in the envelope-
So, I have created a rather large kit this month but I am very happy with my selections. I really had to temper myself and not grab EVERYTHING. I know several of my Master Forger friends have the same problem and I can't wait to see their kits! You should check out their kits as well as our Guest Designer, Becca! Here's the blog hop:
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Guest Designer Becca Nature's Splendor
- Cindy http://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com/
- Julene http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/
- Lisa http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com/
Tara https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com/ - Leslie http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
- Tina http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com/
- Tracey https://3obsessions.blogspot.com/
- Laura https://www.instagram.com/mrsp_scrapsandtea/





8 comments:
Wonderful kit. I'm impressed with all your black alphas !
Wowee what a kit. Can't wait to see what you create.
Tara: WOW-mazing!!! Your copy-cat kit is huge! And I'm jealous of the two Art Walk papers...they should be framed as home decor art work! Gorgeous!! Excited to see what you create this month!
I like what you have put together; a little bit of Heidi makes every kit better.
Lovely kit you put together :) I agree sometimes it's hard to stop grabbing papers to play with.
Beautiful kit. It's also hard to not start scrapping when you know what pictures you are going to use.
Cindy f
Especially love that photo that includes the beautiful girl stamp & all of the other goodies. <3 Great papers, too!
Perfect choices, love your kit!
Post a Comment