Do you ever scrapbook photos that aren't great just because they tell a story? I like perfectly staged photos for my layouts but I also love to tell a story. This layout tells a story. My photos aren't great because I took them at night of my computer screen. You see, my husband had just left for a one year tour in South Korea compliments of the US Army. We chose not to go with him because Garret wanted to be able to have his Senior year of high school with his friends. We were happy to be able to oblige him because he had already moved once during high school and it was hard on him. I had no intentions of living in Korea at any rate.
(Note: thanks to Master Forger Julene for sharing this on our Facebook Community)
So, this layout got a little complicated. The background patterned paper had a quote on it in three places and I really wanted to use it as part of my title. So, I cut out an artisanal label but got it wrong the first time. I recut it and got it right, but now had a hole in my layout that was hard to cover since it was at the very top. If you click on the photo of my layout, you'll see where I covered it with a piece of the patterned paper. It doesn't quite match up, but it still works. The blue background covers up the rest of the hole. During my husband's tour in Korea, we had lots of visits via Skype.
I used the leaf stamp from my kit and fussy cut them to use behind my photos and title block. I used one of the cut apart cards from my kit as a title block and I FINALLY found a place for that vellum envelope that has been in multiple kits over the years!!
This is another week almost gone. School will be starting in about 6 weeks here. Of course, I always homeschool so quarantine school doesn't affect my kiddos, other than group outings. I hope your Thursday is a great day! I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment