Thursday, July 02, 2020

Layout overload!

I have a few layouts to share with you from June!  I ended up gsetting more done after I whined about the lack of feeling creative for the first half of the month!  My first layout to share with features a photo of my husband.  There's a story behind the title and you know my family, you know that my hubby doesn't smile for photos.  He's not unhappy, he just thinks smiling is overrated in photos. Ok, Ok, I have no idea if that's his real reason but it sounded funny.  ;)  





I irony behind this photo is that there's actually a good reason for him to not smile.  It's for his US Passport.  LOL!  He was getting ready to head to Korea for a year and needed a new passport, so I took the photo for him.  

I am still trying to "bash" two paper pads that have been in my stash for quite awhile.  This next layout features papers from both of those paper pads.  




A simple two page layout, but it's DONE!!!

Next up is a layout of our first Golden Retriever, Tanner.  I had a ton of scraps on my desktop from various layouts that I was trying to use up.  This layout took care of several scraps, one of which was from my June 2020 CKCB kit.  I made that scalloped border along the bottom out of a strip of leftover Heidi Swapp Art Walk patterned paper.




This next layout I struggled with.  I think I ended up taking it apart no less than 6 times, trying a different background paper every single time.  UGH!!  You know what?  It's done.  LOL!


I had several different sets of photos from visits to the beach.  This layout features photos of Seth playing with a boogie board.  He loves the water.  




Same kid, different day!  It was the same beach though.  We had never seen this lifeguard's chair before so I think it was a new addition or one that they only put up after Memorial Day.  Note, you can go to the beach all year round.  We've even gone on Thanksgiving!  




I liked the bright colors of this layout and that I pulled from one of the paper pads that I am trying to bash as well as other papers.  All three patterned papers came from a different manufacturer!  Yellow flip flops is Webster's Pages, the yellow on yellow paper is Little Yellow Bicycle, and the red dot is from a Pebbles paper pad.  That stripe is a scrap from a very old collection.  It's either Bo Bunny or Fancy Pants.  I am not sure.  I only had a 4x12" piece left in my Summer Themed drawer and there was no info strip on it.  I did dig for that flip flop die cut for half an hour.  I couldn't find it. I ended up finding it in the very first spot I looked. I HATE THAT!  

This layout features Emily who isn't as fond of the water as her brother.  She plays at the edge of the water and likes to be able to see her feet.  She gets that from her momma.  I really loved how this layout turned out!  Irony...the striped paper is the same yellow on yellow from the previous layout!  It's the A side and the yellow is the B side.  I layered lots of Crate Paper stickers and Thickers on this layout!  







Buttons, buttons!  I love buttons!!  They have almost become a must for every single layout!!  I dug into my My Mind's Eye patterned papers for a future CKCB kit and found that these worked very well for these photos.





Next up is another layout with photos of an unsmiling, but perhaps smirking hubby!  A friend of mine played with a hexagon stencil on one of her layouts last week and I happened to have the same stencil so I dug it out to use it on this layout!  Texture paste is so much fun!!




And FINALLY, a layout of my kids and my sister's kids.  I have one kiddo missing in the photo since he had moved to another state to live!  Otherwise there would be ten kiddos in the photo!




I managed to pull some Thickers from my June CKCB kit as well as some various things that I have in a basket on my desktop.  Do you see that striped circle?  More of that same patterned paper from the two layouts above.  The journaling is done on a scrap of a journaling card that I cut down from a previous layout.  I keep a small pile of bits of scraps from cardstock to use on my desk top.  The larger pieces I try to put in their file folders in the milk crate underneath my desk.  Try...sometimes, they pile up too!  

I hope you have a great Thursday!  It's a four day weekend for my husband and we have a "date" with another couple that we have just met since our latest move to New York.  Our sons have become really good friends and well, I kinda like the momma too.  ;)  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Lovely layouts :) really should do this on my blog at the beginning of the month :) Have a great weekend and enjoy your date too

kate blue said...

you got A LOT done in June! Awesome and your husband's picture is hilarious! Glad you scrapped it.