Friday, July 10, 2020

Playing with my stash!

Today, I want to share some layouts created with my stash and NOT my July 2020 CKCB kit!  I have a ton of stash to use just like many of you.  While I love my CKCB kits, I also love to just dig and create without a kit. This first layout I was playing around with my spray inks.  I had actually wanted to use this for a different layout, but ended up not caring that much for it.  Oh well!  It worked for this photo though!


The papers and stuff were actually from a Hip Kit Club kit but I pulled a label and the chipboard phrase from my stash.  The photo is of my niece and nephew that I had not yet met.  We are a military family and don't get home very often.  During this time, my brother wasn't speaking to me ( family drama, yay...eye roll) and so I had not met his youngest two children.  I have since then.  Cuties.

Next, is this layout of the kids playing in a splash park in our hometown.  We had gone home for our oldest son's 19th birthday and the park we had his birthday at has a playground and a brand new (then) splash park.  The kids loved it!  


I dug through my scrap paper folders for this layout.  Every single piece of colored paper, whether it is cardstock or patterned paper, came from those folders.  One of my goals this year is to use up more scraps than I normally do but to also use the scraps as I go!!  So far, I am not doing too badly with this goal. My scraps are organized by color into 12x12 folders.  Those folders are in a milk crate underneath my desk at my feet for easy access!

That cut file took me about two hours to complete.  Yikes!!  Normally, I cut the background for a file like this out of one sheet of patterned paper but decided to use different blue scraps.  Here's a close-up!


I also used my spray inks and sequins on this layout!  Here are a couple of close ups of the sequins and splashes of ink. 



I just love the seashell sequin!  So cute!  Thank you for stopping by today!  It's been a great week here and I am so glad that tomorrow is Saturday. It means my husband is home!!  Woot!!



No comments: