Today is the day when the Guest Designer and the Master Forgers bring you creations from their very own stash that mimic embellishments or patterned papers from our inspiration kit! I was absolutely inspired by several things in the inspiration kit and started with the adorable tortoiseshell heart clips from the Embellishment kit.
I set about forging these cute embellishments by first finding a photo of a tortoiseshell! Here's a link to the one that I found. I printed this image on white cardstock. Using a heart cut file from Silhouette Studio, I cut several heart out of my printed image.
I did cut more than I needed but I wanted to make sure that I had enough in case of mistakes! My next step was to coat each heart with a layer of Diamond Glaze. It is okay if it spills over the edges, just make sure you are using a non-stick surface to do this such as this oven mat I purchased on Amazon. I moved the whole mat off my work space to allow it to dry overnight. I gave it a full 24 hours and worked on other things while waiting!
After my hearts were dry, I used Tacky Glue to adhere normal paper clips to the back. Notice that the two hearts I didn't adhere paper clips to need to be trimmed. That's all you have to do once the hearts are completely dry-cut off the excess with sharp scissors!
My final embellishments look like this:
These are super cute and were very easy to make with a little patience and time! I hope that inspired you to try on your own!!
I also found a cute little printable that I turned into Project Life style cards! You can pick up this free printable HERE. She also has a set of girl woodland animals that she links to on that same page. Go check it out! Super cute. I resized the four cards and copied/pasted onto a Word document to print out on white cardstock! Super easy forgery and really cute too!
Please check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to see what the other Master Forgers have created from their own stash!!



1 comment:
How clever you are Tara! The idea of printing tortoiseshell is genius and they turned out so sweet. And of course, those little PL cards are very adorable too. Thanks for inspiring us!
Post a Comment