Thursday, January 07, 2021

Snow Many....

 
I have recently started making cards.  If you know me, you know that I've never really enjoyed making cards BUT I needed a way to use up some of the little bits and pieces that I kept saving! And I discovered that I liked to challenge myself with the card making process!  
 
 I used my Distress Ink pads and snowflake stamps with heat embossing to make the background.  My sentiment was created with a Silhouette Studio cutfile that I cut multiples of to layer onto my card.    


The smaller sentiment is popped up with foam tape.   I used a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer on "thanks" to add some sparkle.  I added some Pearlz (Cobalt PZ106) to my card surrounding my sentiment.  I am really happy with how this turned out!

Can you see that shimmer!  I promise you that it's super pretty in person!! 
 
 
This card front was so much fun to make. I really enjoyed turning my fingers blue!  HAHA!!  Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a great day!!
 

 

2 comments:

TishSch said...

I love this card! It would make a great wintery birthday card too. Did you do the distress ink shading first then stamp and heat emboss the snowflakes? Or do the snowflakes first then the shading, since the heat embossing would resist the shading? Guess I could try it both ways and see, might end up with two cards and that's not a bad thing! I always make alot of cards. I like using all the leftovers from pages since everything laying out already coordinates. If I don't feel like making a card right then, I put the leftovers in a sandwich bag and make a "card kit" for future use. Looking forward to seeing more of your cards!

Tara O said...

Hey! I made the Distress Ink background first and then stamped/heat embossed my snowflakes. If you try it the other directions, share with me the results!!!

I have quite a few "card kits" sitting on my workspace right now. I have projects due on the 20th!