Today, I am sharing my second layout using my May 2021 CKCB kit. It is also the layout that I created for Julene's first challenge of the month! Here's what she asked us to do:
Scrapbook an OLD recipe. Perhaps you have one handed down from mother or grandmother or further back than that. Use those cookery items you added to your kit to scrap it. You could tell a little about the original person on your layout or perhaps even add a small photo of them.
So, I don't have any old recipes to scrapbook. My mom and my grandma both cook from scratch without a recipe. They just throw things in a bowl or pan and it typically comes out amazing. LOL!! So, since my kit is called Rebel Farmhouse, I decided to carry the rebellious nature of my kit over into my layout as well. I had some photos of a field trip to a Historic Village that I took my Homeschool Group (Fort Stewar, Georgia) to in 2013. One of our stops on our tour of the working village was to a doctor's office where the kids got to create a chest congestion poultice using an old "recipe" with help from the doctor's assistant. It was a fun hands on experience for the kids.
I thought the background paper I chose with the jars of various items was PERFECT for this layout!! I hope that the prompt and my layout inspires you to create your own layout for this challenge. If so, please share it! Thank you for stopping by today!
No comments:
Post a Comment