Wow!! September seemed to fly by, didn't it? It's the first of October and that means it is time for our Counterfeit Kit Club Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop! This month, Master Forger Leslie has taken over the blog and has chosen a lovely kit to inspire us to curate a similar one from our own stash by A Cherry On Top. ACOT is an online store that sells scrappy loveliness but they also have their own kit that they call "Cherry Box"! It's not necessarily a scrapbooking kit but it does come with supplies that can be used for scrapbooking as well as other paper crafting mediums. Here's a photo of the kit that Leslie chose for us this month:
This is the August Cherry Box and you can see an unboxing of the kit HERE.
Here's another photo of the contents of the kit that I grabbed as a still shot from the unboxing video.
Master Forger Julene also found this image of the gorgeous 49 & Market papers for us.
Before I move on to my own kit, I'd like to give a shout out to this month's Guest Designer!!! Nikki Ihus! Welcome Nikki!!
![]() | |||
My name is Nikki and I am known as Nikki's Scrapbooking Adventures on YouTube and Instagram. I focus on creating layouts (12 x 12 and 8 x 8), kits and sharing techniques on my channels all while enjoying the wonderful world of scrapbooking. I have a son, 16 months, and a husband who are my main inspiration for scrapbooking.
Now, I received a Creative Ambassador kit from Piece Craft Love with similar 49 & Market papers in September. I had thought they were the same papers but they aren't. However, they are similar enough and are what I started with for my GINORMOUS kit. Yep, I love big kits and I cannot lie. LOL!! At least the lid to the box actually closes this month! If you watch my video, I'd love it if you click the thumbs up and subscribe if you haven't yet!!
So, I also knew that I would want more color to play with this month so I added in my Fernwood collection as well as a Simple Stories home collection in fall colors! And I added in an Ali Edwards Story Kit in the same color palette. All in all, it's a really large kit. If you want to hear me talk my way through making this kit, I did create a video for you HERE.
Here are the photos of my kit! I’m sharing photos of my paper first! I interspersed the 49 & Market with the Vicki Boutin and added the Simple Stories 6x8 paper pad on top next to the 6x8 Fernwood paper pad! Lots of beautiful color to choose from! There’s also a single sheet of P13, plus two sheets of paper from my September kit. Watch the video and you’ll hear my thought process about that as well!
Next up are my embellishments! I added an Ali Edwards Story Kit of similar colors to my embellishments, as well as all of the Fernwood and Simple Stories embellishments. I also added some P13 embellishments that matched the P13 paper I added
I added some Thickers from my September kit as well as the Fernwood and Simple Stories set that match each of those collections!
I also added some very old trims that went with the 49 & Market vibe! Plus some card stock that was also in my September kit!
All in all, I like my kit I have photos already printed and ready to go! I’d like to use a good portion of this kit in October so I hope that I have plenty of time to scrapbook this month!
Make sure you check out our Guest Designer’s YouTube video as well as the Master Forger’s blogs or Instagram for more inspiration. Here's the full Blog Hop:
- Counterfeit Kit Challenge - http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
- Guest Designer Nikki Ihus - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtPQqpo5m4m3V2v8pBvfdgw
- Cindy - https://cindyscreations-cinmfoster.blogspot.com
- Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com
- Lisa - http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com
- Misty - https://craftysoup.com/
- Tara - https://kryptonite72-rambles.blogspot.com
- Tina - http://tinasscrapcorner.blogspot.com
- 2nd October: Just the Gist of It - to help you find an easy way into creating your kit
- 3rd October: A little more about A Cherry on Top, how to earn "Cherry Points", & a giveaway!
- 4th October: Forgery on the Fourth - Master Forgers share simple ideas for creating kit elements
- 6th October: Mini-kit Reveal & Project Showcase - inspiration for a smaller kit or project idea
- 12th & 18th October: Challenges #1 & #2 - to inspire you to get creating from your own kit
- 24th October: Follower Showcase - who has caught our eye this month
- 31st October: Killing Kits - an idea or two for using up the bits & pieces left in your kit box







4 comments:
Wowsers that's a big kit! I know you will dive in and make a good effort with it. Lovely items all round.
Fab kit -- I think I have every bit of that chipboard you picked out. Very fun!
Fabulous! You have such a command of your stash, and an incredible memory for all manufacturers & collections... I am in awe :D
Tara this is Beautiful. Love the soft colors with the mix of the bold. Have fun.
Post a Comment