Sunday, January 01, 2023

January 2023- Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop

 WHOA!  How is it a new year already?  I really think 2022 went by fairly fast.  We had a lot happen in the year:  COVID, two deployments, a military move, etc! It was a little crazy.  I am hoping this year will bring more calm and peace for all of us!  

Since it's the first of the month, it is also time for our Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Blog Hop!  This month our fearless leader, Master Forger Lisa chose Hip Kit Club December 2022 kit for us to counterfeit!  I subscribe to this kit club and at the time of this writing, I haven't received my kit yet.  But that is NOT why I am not taking the lazy way out and just using the kit when it arrives for my January kit!  Nope! I actually dug through my stash of Hip Kits that I have a backlog of as well as some paper pads and my PinkFresh Studios stash to build my kit.  Before I show you what I came up with, let's take a look at the Hip Kit Club kit!  


Master Forger Lisa gave us both of these options to build our kits from!  So, here's where I am going to be honest.  This isn't my favorite of their kits.  It's also not my least favorite (ahem, the July 2022 kit), but I digress.  I am not in the mood to scrapbook solely winter photos this year so I knew from the start that I was going to probably steer clear of anything with winter or holiday icons because I don't really have winter themed photos printed.  I will be starting my 2015 family albums this year, or rather working on them because I actually already have been scrapbooking photos from that year.  I have ALL of the photos printed for the entire year and into albums waiting for me to make them into layouts!  I feel ahead of the game for a change!! HA!!

So, I did what I always do and pulled up the papers.  Here's a photo from the HKC site of just the patterned papers in the kit:


The first thing that caught my eye AFTER the lovely woodgrain (swoon) was the light blue floral on the right hand side.  It reminded me of PinkFresh Studios Some Days collection and that is the first paper I pulled for my own kit.

I am actually curious how many of the Master Forgers thought of the same paper and included it in their own kits.  I'll know as soon as I read all of the blog posts today!!!

I also added two sheets of woodgrain patterned papers from a Park Lane paper pad called Farmhouse Fresh.  I love that paper pad!!  It's quite lovely but that's the only piece that really went with my idea of how this kit was going to go together.

Next thing I did was create a color palette so that I could just pull papers based upon that.  I actually ended up not using that but here it is for you if you'd like to use it for your own kitting fun.

From here, I just looked at the designs in the papers in the original kit and started pulling papers that were close enough.  I pulled three more sheets from paper pads: 

  • Peach floral from Park Lane Explore
  • White mushroom from Park Lane Explore
  • Navy floral from Park Lane Sunshine and Rain
Here's a photo of all of my papers.  I will tell you what they are underneath!


Left Side:

  • PinkFresh Studios - Everyday Musings - Small Things
  • Woodgrain paper X2 - Park Lane - Farmhouse Fresh
  • Hip Kit Club - Keeping Cozy - Photo Gallery B SIDE
  • Hip Kit Club - Keeping Cozy - Perfect Plaid B SIDE
  • Hip Kit Club - Together Is Best - My Favorite & My Best B SIDE
  • Hip Kit Club - Together Is Best - So Timeless B SIDE
  • Park Lane - Sunshine and Rain
  • PinkFresh Studio - Be You - Kind B SIDE
  • Hip Kit Club - Wild & Free - Stargazer B SIDE 
  • Hip Kit Club - Keeping Cozy - My Happy Place
  • PinkFresh Studio - My Favorite Story - Beauty of Simplicity B SIDE

Right Side:
 
  • PinkFresh Studio - Happy Hearts - Happy Heart B SIDE
  • Park Lane - Explore
  • Park Lane - Explore
  • PinkFresh Studio - Happy Blooms - Heirloom B SIDE
  • PinkFresh Studio - Some Days - Friendly Daisies
  • PinkFresh Studio - Be You - Sincere 
  • PinkFresh Studio - Be You - Beautiful
  • Hip Kit Club - Dream Big - It's Time To Shine B SIDE
  • Hip Kit Club - Keeping Cozy - Cozy Toes B SIDE
  • PinkFresh Studio - Simple & Sweet - Splendid
The yellow patterned paper in the center, bottom is PinkFresh Studio Keeping It Real Daily Grind-the B SIDE.  In fact, you will notice that I chose a ton of B SIDES for my papers this month!  I find that I like the B sides of patterned papers more often than the A.  Weird, huh??  I also want to make a note of the PinkFresh Studios Be You Sincere piece was put into my kit in place of the diamond patterned paper from the Inspiration Kit. 
 

I also chose a TON of embellishments as always!  The first photo shows embellishments from Hip Kit Club various kits, PinkFresh Studios, Felicity Jane, Heidi Swapp, and Carta Bella.  There are labels and chipboard flair and die cuts and chipboard stickers!  Lots of fun stuff to play with.

The second photo shows 8 rolls of washi tape, some labels, enamel dots, more chipboard stickers, journaling spots, shaped metal clips, vellum stickers from and a mixture of loose chipboard, die cuts and wood veneer.  I dug through my stash of Freckled Fawn, Felicity Jane, PinkFresh Studios, and Studio Calico.

Finally, I also dug into my stash of alphas, title ephemera, and phrase stickers from PinkFresh Studios, Hip Kit, and Felicity Jane.  I definitely gave myself plenty to choose from for titles for my layouts this month.  I like choices. 


I did NOT create a winter themed kit.  I wanted to be a little more neutral in that department because I don't take a lot of winter photos typically, although once I start scrapbooking 2020-2022 photos, I have lots of snow photos from our time being stationed at Fort Drum, NY.  Right now, I am scrapbooking 2015 and I have the full year printed out and ready to go!  

Here's the full blog hop below!  Make sure you check out our Guest Designer, Anandi!!

  • 2nd January - Just the Gist of It
  • 4th January - Forgeries on the Fourth
  • 6th January - Mini Kit and Project Reveal
  • 12th January - Challenge #1
  • 18th January - Challenge #2
  • 24th January - Follower Showcase
  • 28th January - February Sneak Peek
  • 31st January - Killing the Kit
We love to hear from our community, so if you aren't a member of our FaceBook Community come check us out over there and share your kits and layouts/projects using your kits!   
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  Have a GREAT week!



4 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Wow! what an amazing kit. Can't wait to see what ya do!!!

Julene Matthews said...

Lovely kit which has a nice selection of items. Enjoy yourself!

Misty said...

Love your shift away from winter. As usual, lots of great stuff to play with!

Susanne said...

I used that exact Some Days paper and its companions in last month's kit! Your kit is fab, I just want to take a deep dive into that embellishment stash. Enjoy!