Monday, May 01, 2023

May 2023 Counterfeit Kit Club Blog Inspiration Kit Reveal and Social Media Hop!!!

 Hi!  Welcome to my blog!  It's the first of the month and that means it MUST BE time for another CKCB Inspiration Kit Reveal and Social Media Hop!!  Wow!  This year is flying!!  I have my last homeschool student graduating this month and I just can't believe how FAST the whole school year went!!

This month, Master Forger Julene, chose a beautiful kit from Not Just For Boys Kit Club!  It's full of beautiful muted neutrals and yellows.  I just love it!!  I even own a few of the pieces from the inspiration kit!  I will be making this kit my own but first let's look at some photos of the kit.  Here's the link to the kit on NJFB Kit Club's website:
Noteworthy Kit by Not Just For Boys Kit Club


 Here are the papers, both A & B sides:


Here is a close-up of the embellishments in the kit:


And here are some more close-ups of the kit as a whole:




This kit is a little bit too neutral for me, BUT I think I added enough colors to mine by just staying with the original kit's color palette.  I just expanded upon it a "little". The first thing I did was dig into my stash to see if I had any of the papers that were actually in the inspiration kit.  I do own the Simple Stories collection, but I have used part of it.  I pulled that black floral, the scrap of green patterned papers with the keys and the one cut apart paper that I had partially used.  Then, I looked to see if I had a yellow piece like the yellow detailed patterned paper in the kit.  I had a similar piece in my PinkFresh Studios stash and so I pulled it.  Here's the papers that I pulled.  I have 20 12x12 patterned papers, 1 8.5x11 patterned paper, and a few scraps.  


Many of my patterned papers came from Park Lane paper pads.  The woodgrain papers are from Memory Place and a few of the papers are from very OLD Maggie Holmes paper pads.  This gives me a little more of a variety and color than the original kit without going completely rogue!!!  I am very happy with these selections!  

My embellishments and alphas are also rather large this month, but that's always the case with my CKCB kits!  First, I checked my April kit to see if there was anything in it that I could pull.  Surprisingly enough, there was quite a few pieces.  I pulled those and then I dug into this old storage system I had started eons ago for all of my ephemera and pulled a BUNCH of great pieces.  This old storage system consists of a floss binder and ziploc bags,sorted into themes.  It didn't work out for me.  So as I pull from it, I am not putting anything bag into it at all.  

I pulled in the chipboard and ephemera pieces from the Simple Stories collection.  The rest of this came from my April kit!! There are Ali Edwards, P13, etc lovelies in this photo.  That wood veneer house was put into my April kit for a specific layout that I didn't complete so it also joined my May kit.

I added my Simple Vintage Weathered Garden foamies and the yellow alpha from Fancy Pants plus some other miscellaneous Thickers sets to give me plenty of varieties and choices for my titles!

All of the pocket cards on the top row in the below photo came from my March AND April kits.  I really would like to use these and not put them away!!!  I didn't get as many layouts completed during April so didn't touch the pocket cards at all.  The rest of the ephemera are from various collections and designers, most of which I cannot remember who made them.  However, there ARE some Studio Calico, Elle's Studio, and October Afternoon bits in there for sure.  The wood veneer also came from my April kit and are from Freckled Fawn.

Alright!  That is my kit for the month of May!  I don't think it's as large as it normally is because the Iris case I keep it in seems like it has lots of room!!  I hope this means that I will use up most of this and not have to put it all away!  Scrap Happy has LOAD in May and of course, we have lots of choices of festivities for iNSD on May 6th.  In fact, you can join the Master Forgers for iNSD Bingo!

So here's the Social Media Hop for this month!  Make sure you check out all of the links to the Master Forgers' blogs or other social media and our Guest Designer too!!  We also are welcoming two new Master Forgers this month:  Brandi and Christine!  Let's make sure to give them lots of love!!!  

May 1st – Counterfeit Kit Challenge Reveal and Hop

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  You have a GREAT DAY!!!

4 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Wow! Your kit is amazing. Love everything about it. Enjoy yourself when you get time this month.

Susanne said...

Oh I think you stayed very true to the inspiration kit, but just expanded on that same feeling. Hope your May is extra scappy happy.

Misty said...

Love the blues and yellows in your embellishments!

التاج المثالى said...


شركة تنظيف سجاد بالجبيل
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف